This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey Everyone. I'm Frostee. Been trying to find a good forum to share some good info on wiring. I'm hoping to learn some good info too.

Thanks for the welcome.

Frostee

Comment

Hi I'm Terry, I'm an electronics technician by trade with limited electrical registration. my specialty is board repair - having worked with CB and Uniden products through to current position on interface card repair. I work with F/W upgrades and troubleshoot to component level on PCBs.
      I recently brought a batch of T.Vs for repairing of different models and makes, so was hoping to gleen a little information on tv repair and maybe help a little If I can to the less trained members on component and pcb repair.

Comment

Hello Good people. Interested in learning about component level board repair. Complete newb. Thanks for putting up a forum about it.

Comment

Hi I have 3 Samsung plasma's. 1 ps42c450 and 2 ps43d450s. both ps43d450 have shorted FETs on the Y-sus board - y-sus - 2b797aa21355hy pcb id on y-sus board sticker. Does anyone know if/ or where I can find out from/ if I can substitute the PS42C450 Y-sus board to test the plasma screens are ok on ps43d450s. The ps42 y-sus pcb sticker reads 28737a3677boa.
          So my question is; can I use the ps43d450 y-sus board in the ps42c450. All y-main, psu and t-con connectors are the same. Appreciate your help.

Comment

Hi all, mpadilla here. Worked aircraft maintenance approximately 8 years. Currently work on electronics as a hobby. This community seems very involved and I'm interested in being a part of it.

Comment

Hi All.
              My first box was a Commodore PET at 26 or 27 as part of a processor controller for counting and grading logs at a saw mill. Then came CPM on an 8080. IBM changed the course of things later with the PC. I can member thinking what a joke. I was working with Sun and Dec running Unix. Boy was I wrong. Here it is 35 years later and my laptop has a partition with Windows that I need to run tools so I can work and I can't even fix my own TV. What happen?

Comment

Well hello there. I'm looking for some quick help. I know this is not where that goes. Just saying hello

Comment

A little about me.

Hi Everyone, My name is Chris. I have been working on Electronics for about
                  11+ Years. I repair Electronics for Family, Friends and I even saved a few from the dumpster here and there. I have always loved Electronics since I was a Kid. Repairing electronics helps relieve stress, but also keeps me thinking.

Comment

Read the rules. First post here. found this while looking to repair an older lg plasm that I hate to lose.

Comment

New to the forum but not new to electronics repair. I'm a maintenance guy by trade and have worked on TV's and computers off and on for the past 10 years, repairing them for friends and family.

Comment

Hi Everyone

I'm from Austria in Europe and live near Vienna in Lower Austria.

I'm a graduated communication-technician and work as a Sales Manager in a well-known Company for Automation-Devices.
                        In former times I repaired A/V Systems, TV-sets (the ones with the tubes). That was a good Business and very interesting, but now it's gone due to the cheap products from China.

So I repair sometimes for friends and my big Family Flat-TVs, Game-Stations (PS4/PS4, Wii) and some other stuff from Apple.

It's still interesting but complicated to get some parts (but I have a electronic-seller (one man-shop) near my flat who is always ready to help with the special parts).

PSUs (from Apple) and other manufacturers are my special stuff - I love them (when they are working again).

I have a very old coin-phone at home (1970s) with integrated power-supply and a lot of capacitors (Made in France / Made in Germany / Made in USA) and they still have exact values (even better).

Have a great day - Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year

Comment

Hi, looking for info and also providing helpful things if needed =)

Comment

Hey folks, first post. I've got a 51" Samsung plasma that's driving me crazy. Will post a new thread and pictures once I'm permitted.

BTW, long time techie. Looking forward to learning from this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Myles I'm working on a Vizio E500I - AO. Have no back light just looking for information on how to test the led power board.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                                Hello everyone my name is Myles I'm working on a Vizio E500I - AO. Have no back light just looking for information on how to test the led power board.

Comment

Hi I'm new here, I'm an Electrician & HVAC mechanic by trade - looking to find answers to help troubleshoot and repair my Sony KDL-52XBR6 tv that was manufactured in Oct. 2008.

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm here to learn about repairing TVs. I'm trying to get good at it, and I'm working on a Sanyo for my friend right now. I'll make a topic about it in the TV troubleshooting board. Thanks.

Comment

Hello all. New to the forum. I am into repairing tv's and thought I would use this forum to help find information and help the local people repair their tvs without paying the high prices.

Comment

Hi all. Just a father of five who loves to dabble with my electronics whether they are working or not.

Comment

Hi forum members. Another new guy with a broken flat-screen tv signing in. Like seeing some of the posts about old computers. I date back to old Z80 and 8080 based systems running TRS-DOS, PC-DOS and CP/M so I'm showing my age. Glad to be aboard and hope to learn something new things.

Comment

Working...
                                          X