(SOLVED) D50U-D1 Lights up, no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(SOLVED) D50U-D1 Lights up, no video

NOTE: TV WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED AS A D50U-D1. THIS HAS BEEN CORRECTED.

Issue: TV turns on, lights up, but displays no video.

Solution:

C106 surface mounted capacitor on the left panel board. Once this tiny capacitor is replaced, tv turns on without issue.

To find:

With TV turned off and panel boards (board connected directly to the panel) exposed, test for capacitor shorts. In this case, not only was C106 short, but it caused false shorts on other areas on the board. Replace, retest those that were short.

Capacitor was replaced with the same physical size capacitor. I do not know the exact rating.

Replacing the capacitor requires a microsoldering tip. You can get away with using hot air but I'd advise against that; the panel ribbons are too close the area that needs attention.
    Last edited by JDC; 01-16-2020, 12:01 PM.

Re: (SOLVED) D50U-D1 Lights up, no video

Good to hear, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hi JDC. Just wondering if you had issues with the T-CON board after replacing the shorted caps. I am working on the same TV with the exact symptoms. I had a shorted cap on the left inner panel board. T-CON 12v is 9v with and without the panel boards connected.

Comment

Scratch that last question. 12V supply was bad. Solved. Thanks!

Comment

So how did you solve the 12 v supply issue?

Comment

Hi Nomoresonys, there was an open resistor/link on the mainboard. The confusing thing was that there was a sense line providing just enough current capability to show me 12v open circuit with the T-CON disconnected, but when the T-CON was connected it fell to 9v.

Comment

I see, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X