Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp elitebook 840 g4 need password unlock

Hello,
    I tried to put a testing clamp on the bios socket, but did not work. The bios uses a Winbond 25Q128JVPQ and it has no leads. How did you do guys to reprogram it? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Latour View Post
      send me pm or contact me on telegram @hansworst, then i show you pics
      Hi

Im in the same position, would you be kind to share pics on the forum?
      I have a soic 8 and the pins are short or above the contact points for the board.
      My soldering skills are not great.

Comment

Hp 840 g4 bios remove password

Hi guys help me need bios reset thats my dump
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-10-2023, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Re: Hp 840 g4 bios remove password

try...
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Still need password

Comment

try...
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Still locked

Comment

your bios is corrupt, try it ...

Comment

Originally posted by zenek_19 View Post
                    mcplslg123

Thank you works perfect
                    Hello @zenek_19,
                    Did you remove the eeprom or is there any way to reprogram or without removing it? Please help me.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by darkpower View Post
                      Hello @zenek_19,
                      Did you remove the eeprom or is there any way to reprogram or without removing it? Please help me.
                      Thanks
                      Best way is to remove the chip from the board, you can try to solder wires to the chip also, but this not always work with HP laptops. What is the problem, de soldering the chip from the board is not a hard job, even without the hot air station?
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.​
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                        Best way is to remove the chip from the board, you can try to solder wires to the chip also, but this not always work with HP laptops. What is the problem, de soldering the chip from the board is not a hard job, even without the hot air station?
                        It has a WSON8 packaged EEPROM. Can't unsolder it without hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                          It has a WSON8 packaged EEPROM. Can't unsolder it without hot air.
                          If it's a WSON8 package bios chip - yes, the only option is hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                            If it's a WSON8 package bios chip - yes, the only option is hot air.
                            Thank you guys for your help.

Regards

Comment

Hello Vesko356,
                              I'm actually afraid of breaking something on the mother board or something like that, do you have some advices/tutorials/other instructions to give me sothat I do it as safely as possible?
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by darkpower View Post
                                Hello Vesko356,
                                I'm actually afraid of breaking something on the mother board or something like that, do you have some advices/tutorials/other instructions to give me sothat I do it as safely as possible?
                                Thanks
                                About desoldering the chip with the hot air station? The job is not hard if you have some experience, if not just use some faulty motherboard to practice, it's a straightforward job, nothing special, just use good flux like AMTECH 213 or 559, use small or medium nozzle and not too much air (you can blow some small surrounding component if you use too much air), I would say half air ahd about 360 C will do the job perfectly.
                                P.S. Forgot to say - if you have surrounding plastic components, take care to cover it all with the kapton tape, or you will melt something very easily!
                                And last but not least pay attention about the chip position.

P.S.2 You can watch this youtube video for education, and how to do it.
                                Last edited by Vesko356; 01-27-2020, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I don't agree that you can blow away surrounding components with max air. The surface tension hold those components in place. You would have to physically move those components to make them fly away.

The only probleem is plastics melting. But on elitebooks, it is usually not a problem. On ProBooks, it is mostly a big problem. On this model, only the thin plasti under SSD will be deformed. Wouldn't call it an issue.

Just remove bios battery before soldering and you should be fine. It might take a while for the bios chip to start moving so please be gentle with the tweezers. Do not use force with the tweezers, it is pointless and harmful.

Comment

Hi, can i try any of the files uploaded above for my 840 G4 and it will work or it has to be specific for individual machine? Thanks

Comment

put the bios backup here

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                        put the bios backup here
                                        How do i do it? Thank you.
                                        btw - my bios is locked, but can boot from usb...

Comment

Originally posted by PawelPL View Post
                                          Hi, can i try any of the files uploaded above for my 840 G4 and it will work or it has to be specific for individual machine? Thanks
                                          It's specific - serials etc., so first take a good verified dump of your machine and upload the file here for unlock. After that you can write unlocked file back to the bios chip.

Comment

Working...
                                          X