• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer work on battery only

Guys please help me with the following:

Acer aspire 5742
    Compal la-6582P

Work on battery only, if you plug the charge it doesn't charge, it doesn't power on with the charger.

Here are photos along with the schematic
    Attached Files

Re: Acer work on battery only

I have 19v on the first mosfet, on the second mosfet i have 19v on the source and 2.5v on the output which is totally wrong, the gate of the second mosfet is showing the same volt as the source which is 19v, this is a p-channel, the gate should be 9v or less...kindly assist guys

Comment

Check PACIN 3.3V what Voltage you get Drain PQ59B
      Last edited by Techtiger; 01-24-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I have 0v on PACIN

I have 18v on Drain on PQ59B, and 0v on the gate of it

Comment

Originally posted by mnciks11 View Post
          I have 0v on PACIN

I have 18v on Drain on PQ59B, and 0v on the gate of it
          There are two easy ways to get through the way out , first one is reverse engineering Second his understanding the components think little bit I will give you the answer later

Comment

Cheeck if 1st DC-in MOSFET is shorted.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              Cheeck if 1st DC-in MOSFET is shorted.
              No the first mosfet is not shorted, there is no short, i even injected 19v with a power supply but still no short

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
              There are two easy ways to get through the way out , first one is reverse engineering Second his understanding the components think little bit I will give you the answer later
              Lol please man what the way forward, i tried to jump the second mosfet on the dc in line using a wire, and yes i was getting 19v all over the board but still not turning on...only turn on when battery connected,

What exactly is pulling 19v to be 2.5v on the output of the second dc in mosfet?

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
              Lol please please give me a hint then or a straight answer I've tried
              Last edited by piernov; 01-25-2020, 05:33 AM. Reason: quadruple post

Comment

1st makes sure 2Fets are not short after trace back PACIN pic i have send is a Beautiful Circuit made by Compel your charger IC pin15 VDDP helps to create PACIN & ACIN
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X