X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks,
    Im Gallo im from Florida,USA. Im retired and took computers and electronics in college in late 70's. Im reviving my skills in electronics and am looking forward to repairing a few things with a little help from you all. Great to be here and looking forward to interacting with you. Cheers

Comment

Hi,
      Patrik from Sweden here, I often come across broken TV´s in my line of work and sometimes I try to fix them, I hope this page will be a good addition for information and help.
      Other than that I am not very good at this, but with only a cheap soldering iron and a multimeter I at least try =)

Comment

LucidDreamerAce's Intro to the BadCaps Community Forum.

Im only posting because I need too look at some pictures so I can fix my wife's TV. Well, her old one. At First I wasn't too happy about all hoops I had to jump through just to look at a few pictures. I was trying do make this quick and hurry up and get this done so I could get back to FM7 but it's now been almost an hour and I've read all the intro post... oh well... I'm ADHD, and AuTiStiC and oh look at that butterfly... I wonder if it's a Grass Skipper or an Essex Skipper.....

Im all about honesty and prefer to be upfront, usually very blunt (but I can't help it because of the Autism thing), about things and don't like to follow the crowd. I'm the guy running towards the tornado to get a better view, and the guy running away from whatever that weird noise coming from the darkness in a scary movie was (Since scary movie characters are usually the dumbest people ever they always die because they couldn't leave well enough alone). I'm a very curious person despite running from the suspicion sound previously mentioned. I'm trying to make this short and sweet but knowing myself it will end up long and savory.... lmao.

My name is Brian I'm 31 years old and I'm Big Time into Motorsportsand gaming but Electronics and computers is my side chick. Believe it or not for some reason I prefer console gaming over PC:/ I think it has more to do with financial reason atm. I bought two TVs and two Xbox Ones (My wife is also a Gamer now =D) for the price of a single good PC build. When I say "good" I'm talking about a system able to run the newest game at Max settings 0 frame rate drops. I'm also an audiophile and I'm usually listening to music 10 hours out of a 12 hour day.

Comment

Good Evening!
          I'm Alex, an electromechanical engineer from Mexico. I looking for schematics and info to repair my old macbook. I really want to learn how to repair.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello. i'm from Spain; i got here after searching for a bios image for asus X552L.

Comment

Hello
              I've never been to a forum and I just want to solve a problem. I do not know English very well.

Comment

hi

Comment

Hello Experts
                  I need your help to troubleshoot my Vizio M50-C1 led TV. It is having blank screen. I check My power board is generating stable voltages going to led driver boards and mainboard. backlight also lights of for few seconds and shuts down. Tcon is getting 12v supply from the mainboard.
                  I disconnect one side of the ribbons that is connected from the lcd to driver board i get a picture on the half of the screen but when I connect both side back there is no picture at all. system shuts down in seconds.

I found one of COF ic gets really hot. I checked the SMD caps they show short. I took out one smd cap to check if that was really short but it was not short. I test the two points where the cap was sitting it shows short. there were 6 cofs on that side of the driver board. Do i have to change all short smd of each cofs. are they related ? or is the short really coming from lcd panel. Please help.. Thanks

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, World!

Greetings from Ukaine, happy to become a part of such a great community.

Let's solder.

Oleksandr

Comment

Hello. I am from Florida rebuilding computers and the like. Sign in to get some info when I am stuck and to try to help others when I can.

Comment

Hello. i'm from philippines. i'm a cellphone and laptop technician. i' happy to become a member and part of this great community.

Comment

Hello, I'm a Computer Engineering student from Irvine, California!

Comment

Hi, just signed up to give thanks for the instructions on how to repair my Dell U3011. I'm a designer and video guy from the Netherlands.

Comment

Hello from France ! We are two IT technician we hope to find answers and who knows, also share our knowledge

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan and I'm an IT consultant.

Comment

Hi, my name is francisco and i am from mexico, i will cooperate with some bios dumps of laptops that i have

Comment

Hi i'm marvin from philippines
                                      Computer technician
                                      Hello every one

Comment

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. Thank you to the administrators for your excellent work and to all the contributors for you input.
                                        I look forward to adding value to the community in the future!

Comment

hello

Comment

Working...
                                          X