Hannspree HSG1074

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hannspree HSG1074

Greetings, I have a Hannspree HSG1074 that works fine for a few seconds, but then the screen goes black while the audio continues to work fine. After reading various threads on this forum I believe I have a bad set of capacitors on the UA-3810-01UN-LF Rev:4 backlight inverter/power supply board. Does anyone have a list of the capacitors used in this board that are the usual suspects that go bad?

Thanks!
    DaveInBoise

Re: Hannspree HSG1074

I replaced all of the capacitors on the inverter/power supply board as well as the Bridge Rectifier but the problem remains. I noticed that the picture appears to flicker when it's visible. Anyone have any ideas what might be the cause?

Comment

I replaced both inverter capacitors (35v 330uf and 35v 680uf) and solved the intermittent backlight issue on my Hannspree HSG1074 that I got for free off craigslist. Both capacitors looked fine to the naked eye (no bulging or leaking) and they were of a reputable brand (Nippon Chemi-Con) but after replacing both of them with new Rubycon units the problem was solved. I knew the backlight was the problem because you could see an image being displayed on the LCD if you looked at it with a flashlight.

Comment

What drives me mad, is that the capacitors replaced are estetically perfect, also if you check them to read not only the capacity, but also other parameters.
        i.e. C237, should be 680uF, 35V after checking I found 700uF,Vloss=0,5% ESR=2,5 Ohm.
        I can't consider it as a faulty cap.
        What should I do? replace them all on the PCB, regardless their function/position, in the hope I can find the right one?
        In the same way the old-school technician repaired old style tube tv sets replacing all the tubes inside?

Comment

Hi,
          i dont know if it is still time but i want to ask you if it is possible for you to help me about this tv set, do you have its schematics or service manual available?
          If not, could you please help me to identify some values of the capcitors ilustrated in the photo i send as an atachement? I removed all the 5 in a row to measure them and i thought they were all 100uf but then when i got all them removed i found that one was 47uf, my problem now is that i can not know which place to insert this 47uf, can you understand me?
          Are the capacitors inside the green circle in the image included at this link: https://ibb.co/bRZc2QK

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
          X