ENVISION EN9410e 19" Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ENVISION EN9410e 19" Monitor

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks for posting this info. I happened upon this monitor sitting in the "free stuff" pile outside my house. It wouldn't even turn on, just made some repetitive high-pitched noises. I replaced all the bulging caps, and now it works great. Sweet!

Comment

I have this same monitor and I'm having a similar problem. I don't know if its my monitor or video card.

I leave my computer on 24/7. Then monitor goes into sleep mode and the screen goes dark. When I try to wake it up with mouse movement the screen does not come on immediately. The led light blinks on and off and it takes a minute or two some times for it to come on. The problem is getting worse and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a easy fix.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by loosr22 View Post
        The led light blinks on and off and it takes a minute or two some times for it to come on. The problem is getting worse and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a easy fix.
        Take it apart and look for bad caps.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by loosr22 View Post
          I have this same monitor and I'm having a similar problem. I don't know if its my monitor or video card.

I leave my computer on 24/7. Then monitor goes into sleep mode and the screen goes dark. When I try to wake it up with mouse movement the screen does not come on immediately. The led light blinks on and off and it takes a minute or two some times for it to come on. The problem is getting worse and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a easy fix.

Thanks for the help.

Rob
          Dose the monitor behave the same way after a prolonged power off?
          Al.
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
            Take it apart and look for bad caps.
            There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
            • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
            • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
            • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
            • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
            • Windows 10 Pro x64
            • GeForce GT1050
              2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckG View Post
              I just got one of these in with the same symptoms--about 1-2 seconds between PSU shutdown and restart.

When I looked at the PSU, this is what I found:

Note the 5 bulging caps--4 in the right foreground and one in the background. They're all 470/25 CapXon units. I replaced them with Nichicons and the unit works fine.

The odd thing is that the CapXons are on both the +12 and +5 sides of the PSU and failed nevertheless. I wonder if there's a plague of bad 470/25 CapXons out there?

As far as the foil tape goes, my take is that it's mostly for EMI suppression for FCC Part 15. I left it off, but some aluminum duct tape (not the cloth type) would probably do the job just as well as the original.
              My monitor has 5 caps as you mentioned above. But two of them are 1000/10. In other word, my monitor has three 470/25 CapXon and two 1000/10 CapXon.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Franroc View Post
                But two of them are 1000/10. In other word, my monitor has three 470/25 CapXon and two 1000/10 CapXon.
                This is not uncommon. Manufacturers can change revisions or entirely new boards, but keep the same model number.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                  This is not uncommon. Manufacturers can change revisions or entirely new boards, but keep the same model number.
                  I agree. Change them all anyways.
                  There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                  • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                  • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                  • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                  • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                  • GeForce GT1050
                    2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by EGuevarae View Post
                    Thanks!
                    Just like the rest of the new member, I found these information are very useful. Especially for the latest technology, using AC/DC or DC/DC inverters on all the TVs, Computers and so on, are heavily required Low-ESR capacitors.

Comment

I finally made my afford to order six Panasonic FM series caps from Digi-Key for my Envision EN9410e monitor. I received them yesterday and put them in today. My monitor works perfectly now. Only time can prove one way or the other.
                      After I fixed my monitor, I measured the capacitance of the bad caps:
                      The two 1000uF caps turned into around 10uF, and the four 470uF (three 25v, and one 10v) caps reduced down to less than 2uF.
                      Last edited by Franroc; 01-09-2011, 02:05 AM.

Comment

I'm encroaching an area of little familiarity, although I'm sure I can replace the caps if I get the right ones. Would appreciate the Digikey cat nums for replacements for the CapXcon 470/25 caps -- I see 3 on my board (P/N 38S0091711). Please reply to stoneybrook12@charter.net as I won't often be checking this forum. Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by healthgisguy View Post
                          Would appreciate the Digikey cat nums for replacements for the CapXcon 470/25 caps
                          Follow PlainBill's instructions on how to order Panasonic FM caps (order FC is FM is out of stock).

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by EGuevarae View Post
                            Originally posted by healthgisguy View Post
                            I'm encroaching an area of little familiarity, although I'm sure I can replace the caps if I get the right ones. Would appreciate the Digikey cat nums for replacements for the CapXcon 470/25 caps -- I see 3 on my board (P/N 38S0091711). Please reply to stoneybrook12@charter.net as I won't often be checking this forum. Many thanks!
                            I replaced six CapXcon capacitors with Panasonic FM series cap:
                            1. One 470uF/10v; Digi-Key part # P12361-ND
                            2. Two 1000uF/10v, Digi-Key part # P12353-ND
                            3. Three 470uF/25v, Digi-Key part # P12388-ND.

Comment

The Pink and blue wires when i took them off i kinda forgot the placement of one side can u show me an image of what the pink /blue wires go

Comment

Originally posted by aj39732 View Post
                                The Pink and blue wires when i took them off i kinda forgot the placement of one side can u show me an image of what the pink /blue wires go
                                1. It is a GOOD idea to always label or make notes to make sure the wires get back to the proper connectors.

2. Often if you look at the 'lay' of the wires you can see which way the 'want' to go.

3. In this case, it doesn't matter. The plugs will only go into the sockets one way, and it doesn't matter if blue or pink is on top.

PlainBill
                                Last edited by PlainBill; 02-27-2012, 06:50 AM.
                                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thank You guys for helping me to solve this EN9410e display in and out issue, I'm not done, haven't even started, but I know what I'm up against and that's 1/2 the battle this is my 1st. time on or at the site and I want you guys to know it seems to be very useful to one another type of forum which I find to be rare now a days... Well time to rome around for a while, again thanks guys

Comment

Thanks guys! I inherited 2 of these monitors & now I can fix them!

Comment

This worked great. However, now that I have replaced the capacitors the display lights up for a second then shuts off. The power light stays on and green through. Any ideas on what is wrong now?

Comment

You have 2-second to black. Please read this:
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

Also build a couple of these to save time figuring out if you have bad board or bad lamps:
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19987

http://s807.photobucket.com/user/bud...?sort=3&page=1
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I guess I'm late to the party for this monitor. When was the En9410e released? I think I've had this monitor for at least 12 years, but maybe i'm remembering wrong.

Anyway.. it's been a fantastic monitor (albiet old) the whole time, until we had a couple of power outages last week on one day. My guess is power surges. But it's exibiting the same 2 second on/off intervals.

At first I could unplug it and plug it back in and it would flash a couple of times and stay one.. But after a couple of days, that didn't work anymore. If I leave it on for several minutes, it stops flashing and just stays black.

I finally got the back off (took about an hour, sheesh).. Will let you know what I find. Thanks for the great info of this thread!

Comment

Working...
                                          X