KONICA MINLTA C250P (laser) all prints have unwanted vertical CMYK lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KONICA MINLTA C250P (laser) all prints have unwanted vertical CMYK lines

Hello I'm a rookie tinkerer hopping to find some knowledge about these big color laser printers and copiers.

The specific model I would like to fix.
    KONICA MINOLTA C250P this is the printer only version of the full office photo copier. I have a one of the full office copier version for part too (that one gives an error for the yellow laser).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cwVu2KYB6Yva5Ais6

I'm adding a link above to a picture of print out form the C250P with visible vertical lines of CYAN YELLOW and MAGENTA mostly on the right side of the 11x17 print.

I have very little experience with laser copy machines/ printers but I did take a look at the basics, like the long stick with felt at the end to clean the laser window, and the sticks you pull in and out of the image drums to clean them.

I took a look at the transfer belt and it did not look damaged and the same lines were on the transfer belt along with the image.

I have NEW in the box original konica minolta image drums and toner. I suspect the image drums might be the problem, likely the wiper blade in the roller maybe has a split or many splits? on each different color allowing a lines of toner to remain in the image roller after it has been wiped.

I'm unsure about how to proceed also because the is a mess of color toner everywhere where the toner cartridges and image drums go. I imagine that's from regular use or from the printer being moved over the years. I haven't tried to clean it out with knowing how to do it.

I'll patiently wait for advice on how to proceed from more knowledgeable users. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: KONICA MINLTA C250P (laser) all prints have unwanted vertical CMYK lines

I've*been doing more test prints and the various PURE cyan magenta and yellow vertical lines seem to be random not appearing in the same place and interestingly cover the entire length of the paper, while some faint (mixed with subject color) lines only appear where there is an image. So I no longer think it's a wiping blade issue on the image drums.

Comment

Re: KONICA MINLTA C250P (laser) all prints have unwanted vertical CMYK lines

Hi Drum unit may be scratched or the charge rollers could be damaged. have you checked the cleaning blade on the IT belt perhaps?

Comment

Working...
      X