Toshiba Satellite C50-A-175 problem, schematic please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite C50-A-175 problem, schematic please

Guys, I have Toshiba Satellite C50-A-175, MB PT10F UMA on servis.

I had short on Intel PCH SLJ8E, changed for new one, short dissapeared, but now I have no 3/5V ALW and cannot start. Cannot find any other short on coils.

Can somebody please share schematic?

Aby idea what to do?

Re: Toshiba Satellite C50-A-175 problem, schematic please

Schematic please?

Comment

Comment

I think you will find a very similar schematic at this thread on bad caps

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41846

The PT stand for Potomac in your PT10F number. The above thread has a AMD processor same manufacturer of the C50 Processor in your Satellite.

Comment

PT10F, vendor pegatron not inventec, schematic not available. have no board marking like asus, mark just for hole, connector and power jumper

Comment

Thanks meritosari for you reply, even when it doesnt make me happy too much

Does anybody know what IC makes 3/5VALW at least? It is unreadable on my board.

Comment

Did you see TI family tps51225c near pch, its dc/dc for 3.3/5v

Comment

Thanks again, its definitely tps, so it could be tps51225c. Im gonna order it and well see

Comment

Originally posted by meritosari View Post
                  PT10F, vendor pegatron not inventec, schematic not available. have no board marking like asus, mark just for hole, connector and power jumper
                  Sorry about that. It is just every search in Europe came back at PT10 equaling Potomac. So does this have a intel processor or an AMD processor or does it not matter?

Comment

This is Intel one. Wrote that in the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by sopik78 View Post
                      This is Intel one. Wrote that in the first post.
                      Guess I was confused as the C50 is a AMD processor. I had thought the Intel chip was just that a Intel IC not a processor.

Comment

There is no chance to have AMD processor with Intel chipset, AFAIK.

Anyway, I have ordered that tps IC and lets see what happen after change

Comment

Well i got a weird issue with this one , and its not a bios issue since i tryed several for this board and none didn't work .
                          it does start , but no image , i got a overall consume of 0.7 amp , and this unit its a UMA only PCH , when cheking coils on S0 all of them are powered excepting one phase of the cpu . but the most strange thing , is that once i insert dc jack machine does start alone (like no cmos bat on it or bios problem) but all seems correct and ok here , but machine simples start once i insert dc jack and no image at all .
                          opinions guys .

Comment

@highpulse
                            It's the PCH.Just fixed one today by replacing the HM70. (mine had BD82HM70)

Comment

please Toshiba Satellite C50-a schematic please

Comment

Try this board view.
                                Attached Files

Comment

thank you tre very match

Comment

Originally posted by xe_d_sono View Post
                                    Try this board view.
                                    Hey guys I also need schematic for PT10F UMA mb rev 2.1. The above link is not working, can someone upload it again? Thanks.

Comment

Boardview on post#16 doesn't help?

Comment

Originally posted by sopik78 View Post
                                        There is no chance to have AMD processor with Intel chipset, AFAIK.

Anyway, I have ordered that tps IC and lets see what happen after change
                                        Finally, did the change work? I'm dealing with the same board. Well, I've a feeling it is the ic 1225c. Curiously touching that area with a finger, that issue "starts alone" disappears (as if the static current, push it).

Comment

Working...
                                        X