Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PN43D490A1DXZA power supply broke?

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    VS ON not VS!!! very bad if you jump to VS will destroy your power board.

VS ON needs to go to STBY 5V and PS ON to GND needs to be jumpered as well
    Both control board and main board should be unplugged.

TVtimmy is correct that X-main is likely fault as it is common on this model, but do this check before.
    hello should i replace both y and x in this case?

Comment

can anyone tell me how is the middle stuff missing?
      doesnt seem like it melted away or some sort of manufacturing defect?

note: this is the xmain board
      comparing with:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1384187712

Comment

?
        Attached Files

Comment

Its just an unused mounting pad. Do you have a meter that beeps when you touch the leads together? Post a clear pic of the white sticker on the x main board.

Comment

Usually reccomend replacing both x and y main if you don't know how to test. You got to confim buffers are not shorted or you may damage them again. Make shure that you let your tv sit unplugged untill vs and va are i think below 10v before replugging them into each other. Look up toms quick guide to test Samsung pdp ad you will find prpper procedures. A quick test is to uplug the x and y and test vs and va for shorts to ground. Is the led on logic blinking every second or every 5?

Comment

Originally posted by bman4 View Post
              Usually reccomend replacing both x and y main if you don't know how to test. You got to confim buffers are not shorted or you may damage them again. Make shure that you let your tv sit unplugged untill vs and va are i think below 10v before replugging them into each other. Look up toms quick guide to test Samsung pdp ad you will find prpper procedures. A quick test is to uplug the x and y and test vs and va for shorts to ground. Is the led on logic blinking every second or every 5?

i unplug x and y---no shorts
              i unplug x---shorts on Vs
              x and y connected--shorts on Vs

Is the led on logic blinking every second or every 5- every 5 on both occasions (x unplugged and both (X and Y)connected)
              unplug both x and y--blink once and remain stable.
              acording to
              Vs shorted indicated problem on the x or y boards.
              Last edited by weiliz; 01-12-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                Its just an unused mounting pad. Do you have a meter that beeps when you touch the leads together? Post a clear pic of the white sticker on the x main board.
                yes,i do.
                yea noticed its just a ununused pad, some units i saw on ebay have this too.
                which sticker are you talking about?

Comment

i tested both of the tps , and they were no shorts from it. as oppose to the one stated in post #19 on my y main where the tps are shorted.according to the text , it mentioned something failure if shorted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I believe ts your y main witch is most common. Confim you buffer are no shorted then repar or replace ymain .

Comment

Originally posted by bman4 View Post
                      I believe ts your y main witch is most common. Confim you buffer are no shorted then repar or replace ymain .
                      yeap, its not short.

Comment

Take your meter and put it to continuity mode and put one lead on one leg and one on the other of Q4000,Q4001,Q4002,Q4004, and Q4005. Does the meter beep? Retest each by putting a lead on a leg and one on the mounting pad. If any test short, and Im pretty sure they will, that is the problem. U4010, the 8 legged ic usually goes bad with them. All are included in the repair kits.

Comment

This is th ic. If you want to replace the board you can use any of the 3 for this tv. Ebay uk has them for $30 usd.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think TPs stands for test points and if it shows short then Y-Main needs repairing or replacing. I'm a beginner but that's how I interpret that.

Comment

Disregard my post. Half asleep and didn't page forward. Sorry

Comment

Take your meter and put it to continuity mode and put one lead on one leg and one on the other of Q4000,Q4001,Q4002,Q4004, and Q4005. Does the meter beep? Retest each by putting a lead on a leg and one on the mounting pad. If any test short, and Im pretty sure they will, that is the problem. U4010, the 8 legged ic usually goes bad with them. All are included in the repair kits.
                                from the one mentioned
                                only Q4002 beeps,
                                other than that,D4010 and D4004 also gives a beep. when tested with mounting pads, Q4004 and Q4005 gives a beep gives a beep on one leg and about 500+ohms resistance on the other.
                                guess both board need replacing
                                Last edited by weiliz; 01-12-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

for the x boad test points, the XG_C and XG_E doesnt show any resistance now, while the other test point still show.

Comment

picture
                                    Attached Files

Comment

D4004 & D4005 are diodes. Both legs are tied together so you will always get a beep. I dont have a y main to look at, but test all the transistors for shorts. They have the "Q" in front of the number.

Comment

D4004 & D4005 are diodes. Both legs are tied together so you will always get a beep. I dont have a y main to look at, but test all the transistors for shorts. They have the "Q" in front of the number.
                                        i have tested all so far only the Q4002 has beeps, rest are fine with no beep
                                        and btw those are Q4004 and Q4005 not "D", you can notice it from the pics
                                        so if you suggest x main is fine i will not order it, otherwise i will buy it in case.
                                        Last edited by weiliz; 01-12-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Opps. Had a brain fart. If anything with a Q beeps it is bad. Like I said the ic could be bad. I think this is your only problem board. It can be repaired for less than $20. I have done several. A hot air station comes in handy, but I have used a 45 watt soldering iron in years past. You can just get a new board and be sure to update the firmware so it doesn't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                                          X