Teac 22" powering to standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teac 22" powering to standby

Hi, I've got a Teac 22" lcd, it had no life at all, I changed three caps (to the right on the pic) then I had a standby light, and the tv turned on.
    Now it takes about six attempts at turning the mains on and off to get the standby light on, the tv turns on every time once the standby light is on.
    Where would I be looking to find why the tv takes so many attempts to turn on to standby.
    The pic was one I found on the net, I need a better camera to take close up pics.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Teac 22" powering to standby

What brand and series of capacitors did you use? General purpose caps won't work.

If you used good caps, the most likely suspect is the small electrolytic cap next to the biggest one. In situations like this, it makes sense to replace ALL the caps (with the possible exception of the large one) with name brand low ESR caps.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Cheers for reply Bill, the 3 I replaced were all panasonic, just changed the small one(50v 20uf capxon) with a s/h one from a good pc psu, and it's still the same, takes several attempts to go to standby, I know it's a s/h cap but I don't have a new one and thought I'd try this to see if any change.
      Any other ideas what to change/check.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by riget View Post
        Cheers for reply Bill, the 3 I replaced were all panasonic,
        1) Panasonic what? Panasonic makes several series of caps. Some are general purpose and some are low ESR.

It is like saying I have a problem with my Panasonic TV? Panasonic makes LCD and plasma TVs with several versions of each.

2) What is s/h? Is that a low ESR cap? Just because it came from a working PC power supply doesn't mean it is a good cap. I have seen several working ATX power supplies with bloated caps.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X