Definitive BP9060 Power Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitive BP9060 Power Supply

Hey all. I am currently working on a BP9040/9060 amplifier assembly that has failed. The problem itself lies on the power supply board. There are missing components and DefTech will not supply a schematic for current product lines. The components in question are U7, R14, R15, R17, R18, R21, and D3. If anyone has access to the schematics and can help me with identification of these components it would be fantastic. Thanks!

Re: Definitive BP9060 Power Supply

Post clear, good quality pictures of both sides of the board. Based on pictures on the internet, R14~R18 are (47Ω). I suspect there is a lot more wrong than just the missing parts, It is likely the main switching mosfet shorted, causing all this damage.

It is obvious someone else worked on it, so who knows what else is wrong.
    Last edited by R_J; 12-29-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I was actually going to reply and clarify/confirm your theory. I am the first to work on this board and the components in question have been destroyed from the cascade failure following the mosfet (Q1) going out. Or at least that is my standing theory. U7 receives the input from the optocoupler and thus I assume it controls the switching. The top is blown off, though it remains on the board so I can't tell what it is. The protection diode (D3) is shorted between U7 and Q1 drain. R21 runs to U7 from the bank of resistors (R14-18) and has a chunk of the face missing so I cannot read the marking. R14-18 are completely blown off the board. I will be removing Q1 from the circuit to verify failure tomorrow. I apologize if I was vague before as in truth I was not expecting much in the way of help. I am currently unable to upload the pictures, but I will be uploading pictures of the boards when I get home. With some close-ups of the damage as best I could take from the eye piece of my microscope. Thanks again for replying to me!
      Last edited by Impossibre; 12-29-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Look inside the cabinet for the top of the ic, If you were the first to open it, it must be in there.
        Here are pictures found on the internet
        U7 is the pwm ic for the circuit, the optocoupler controls the ic to regulate the secondary voltage.

D3 could be a MMBD4148 across R19 47Ω (gate drive), as a guess R21 could be a 540Ω or 5.4k this resistor is for the CS (current sense) of the ic. it is between Q1 source and the CS pin of the ic.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by R_J; 12-29-2022, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Enclosed are pictures of the board/damage. Haven't gotten an opportunity to search the speaker cabinet as of yet.
          Attached Files

Comment

My FIRST Guess at the ic is OB2269CP, so look for that top piece, it is important

Comment

Working...
            X