Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 fat has inconsistent signal after HDMI replacement

Hi, guys!

I am not a professional, all I can do is solder stuff on the boards, so I would really appreciate it if someone with knowledge shares his experience/thoughts on a problem I have with a PS4 console.

My friend gave me an original fat PS4, board model SAB-001, with WLOD, that has been previously opened. I changed the HDMI port, couple of pads on the board were ripped, which I connected to the corresponding caps/resistors? Just did so as in a shown diagram (one of the ground pads I ripped off and left it not connected). However, there was still no signal, so I checked the hdmi fuse, which was blown - replaced it with a fuse from SAA-001 board (that one has BLOD). Still no picture, so I replaced the HDMI IC from that same board and 2 HDMI filters as well. Replaced one resistor and a diode too (I think), which I saw on a repair video by Andrew Paul. Then the signal was fine, played for half hour, all good.

After a couple of weeks I turned the console on and there was the WLOD again. On safe mode it fired up, I changed the resolution to 1080i, since on 1080p there was no signal. The colors were weird, but picture was present. I tried another cable - with that one 1080p worked, but all the whites on the screen were with snowy artifacts as well as the left corner. So I hot-aired the HDMI ic in order to solder any loose joints, and this time it worked fine on 1080p. I thought it was finally OK, so reassembled the unit.

However, after turning on the console, it would go blank screen for a minute or two, then the signal comes back. Works fine for a couple of hours, then goes black/no signal for good. After power off/on again, the same thing happens - the signal randomly drops couple of times, then comes back and cuts out properly after a while.

I would really appreciate if somebody with proper knowledge/experience has any idea what causes this issue. Many thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HWN...6CKylK5ag/view

Re: PS4 fat has inconsistent signal after HDMI replacement

Check each pin is soldered well by giving them a little push.

Comment

try a can of air upside down and start freezing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        all the pins are solid, mate :/ I even have a HDMI tester and everything goes where it should on a male plug. 10x for the advice, though!

@CapLeaker - I am not familiar with that freezing stuff, haven't got a clue what it's all about.. but thanks for checking!

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          Thanks a million, mate! I've fixed it, thanks to your advice!

For anybody having the same problem - it seems that the Panasonic HDMI ic had a pin loose. I nearly broke it when testing.. It's not that easy to spot a loose connection on the chip, so be careful.

Comment

I'm glad you've found the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X