Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon DCD-335 CD player don't read any.

Hi:

I have this CD player that goes with a KSS-210A lens. Symptoms are as follow:

- Tray opens and closes normally
    - Any CD that you insert, it's spinned.....but no track numbers...the CD just spins (no sound counting tracks).

I thought it was the lens, so I've purchased a new one and installed it, but it goes the same

- I've removed the blob form the new lens. I think it goes shortened for transportation
    - I've checked connectivity between 4 "interface" cables just in case one of them were broken.

Might I have broken the new lens with my dirty hands?
    Or problem could be somewhere else?

How you would continue on this topic?

Regards,
    Francesc.

Re: Denon DCD-335 CD player don't read any.

Originally posted by Francesc V. View Post
    Hi:

I have this CD player that goes with a KSS-210A lens. Symptoms are as follow:

- Tray opens and closes normally
    - Any CD that you insert, it's spinned.....but no track numbers...the CD just spins (no sound counting tracks).

I thought it was the lens, so I've purchased a new one and installed it, but it goes the same

- I've removed the blob form the new lens. I think it goes shortened for transportation
    - I've checked connectivity between 4 "interface" cables just in case one of them were broken.

Might I have broken the new lens with my dirty hands?
    Or problem could be somewhere else?

How you would continue on this topic?

Regards,
    Francesc.
    I'll suppose the lens is still working and tell you this ,but don't tell anyone ,lol ..Reading CDs devices evolved in parallel with CDs technology improvements and as well Audio formats and bitrate .
    To cut long story short , try to acquire CDs with 2x or 4x or 8x and so on until you find the convenient ones for your device model age ..

Comment

Check C101, C103 and C104, preferably replace with new ones and see if anything changes.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UNITRAX View Post
        Check C101, C103 and C104, preferably replace with new ones and see if anything changes.
        Amazing.......it worked!!
        Thank you so much, UNITRAX. I would bet that you've done same fix in the past :-)

C104 was bad for two reasons:
        1 - It had a BIG ESR
        2- It was a 10micro instead of 100micro that states the service manual!!

Same happened with a couple more....service was telling 100micro and the dislexic guy put the wrong capacitors......(10 micro 100Volt)

Overall 5 capacitors changed...........now it goes smoth. Tomorrow, sound testing.

Regards,
        Francesc.

Comment

In many cases the laser itself is not the faulty. Just look at the diagram and be interested in the capacitor in the drive motor circuit. Unless no one was turning the potentiometer from the position of the laser, the equipment can be repaired relatively easily. Remember not to clean the lens or mirror with alcohol. It is better to use a damp cotton pad soaked in clean water, then wipe dry.

Comment

Working...
          X