Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help understanding ACDET voltage divider A315-23

Greetings.

Aspire A315-23 board (da0z8emb8c0 Rev c), no power.

19VDC is at PQ3 pin 5. Nothing coming out, and started working around the power circuit.

The ADP_ID pin (3) was pushed all the way inside the DJ jack (new one on order), causing it to not make contact with the barrel connector on the AC Adapter (nothing new), and where it wasn't my laptop I didn't just want to jump it to the DC Jack ground and call it a day.

I can see the voltage divider circuit from PR71 and PR69 to PQ9. But some reason I cannot remember how if the DC ja k will provide a ground to the ADP_ID line in between PR71 and PR69, how PQ9 will work with now essentially the DC jack ground now sitting at PQ9, pin 2.

My question is:

Can someone walk me through the circuit path as to how the ADP_ID line will allow the ACDET to work, thus allowing the ACDRV to bias the MOSFETs.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Help understanding ACDET voltage divider A315-23

PQ9 normally biased on by voltage divider, which shorts ACDET to ground. ADP-ID is simply a contact in the plug that shorts the gate to ground, turning PQ9 off. Logic is to not enable input FETs till plug is fully inserted I think.

Comment

This sounds right.

I was only thinking one dimensional just chasing the 19VDC, and forgetting about the battery aspect. Got too fixated.

AC Adapter gets plugged in, removing PQ9 bias, therefor allowing PQ3 and PQ4 for the 19VDC to continue it's path.

If I got that correct... (sorry been 17 years since I took my electronics training)...

Comment

The BQ charger chip won’t enable REGEN or ACFET/RBFET etc till ACDET is above 2.4V. So this arrangement effectively disables it. These jacks have a slight click when fully inserted which is the ADP-ID shorting contact. The faulty jacks don’t click.

Comment

Working...
        X