Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No power Samsung 4K LED (model un65ks800df)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power Samsung 4K LED (model un65ks800df)

Code:
    Hello, first time posting on here. I look forward to being part of this community. I have a 2016 Samsung 65" 4K UHD Smart TV LED item number: un65ks800df 

Issue: No power or standby power

My diagnostic thus far:

No standby power, no power, no backlight when power is unplugged to the main board. Wall outlet had 120 v, power cord has 120v. There is no obvious signs of burnt parts, there was no known event that caused the issue.

I found the ceramic fuse blown (bottom right of board) and one capacitor to be puffy (top left of board). Replacement parts ordered.

I’m comfortable soldering and desoldering. I have a Klein multimeter.

While I’m waiting for the new fuse and capacitor. What should I test next? I assume the fox isn’t as simple as replacing the cap and fuse.

Pictures provided. Note - I desoldered the puffy capacitor and fuse already.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Justinloos1985; 01-22-2023, 11:30 AM.

Re: No power Samsung 4K LED (model un65ks800df)

its always good to get at least a few fuses, if lucky you might have just had a stray power surge, maybe replace the cap and fuse and try it, make sure the caps negative side is on the dark shaded side, I use a simple dim bulb tester to keep from blowing parts up when testing, lots of how to videos on youtube, simple to make.

Comment

Check all diodes, mosfets/ transistors In that area

Comment

If any of the above are blown be sure to check the tracks to make sure they didnt burn up as well.

Comment

Working...
        X