• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRECISION 3510 BSoD when installing windows

Hi.
    I received a dell precision 3510.
    works fine on bios
    but i always get a BSoD when installing windows 7-10-11 64-86 uefi or legacy.

tried changing RAM and swap slots.
    changed the M.2 to new one too.
    tried like 15 different OS! same thing! still getting BSoD when installing windows.
    tried hirens BOOT, but still getting system crash after two minutes.
    even tried linux still getting crash while installing

tried updating bios and downgrading it same thing

is reflashing new bios straight to the IC is different from updating it?!
    or maybe it's another hardware problem?

Re: PRECISION 3510 BSoD when installing windows

Originally posted by kuraimangetsu View Post
    Hi.
    I received a dell precision 3510.
    works fine on bios
    but i always get a BSoD when installing windows 7-10-11 64-86 uefi or legacy.

tried changing RAM and swap slots.
    changed the M.2 to new one too.
    tried like 15 different OS! same thing! still getting BSoD when installing windows.
    tried hirens BOOT, but still getting system crash after two minutes.
    even tried linux still getting crash while installing

tried updating bios and downgrading it same thing

is reflashing new bios straight to the IC is different from updating it?!
    or maybe it's another hardware problem?
    Were you at any point able to launch the Windows Event Viewer ?

Comment

On the BSOD, the offending device / driver will be shown in the screen.

Can you take a pic of this BSOD screen and post it here?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post

That was my next question ..

Comment

@jiroy I see Lebanon and I think of falafels. Yum!! Getting close to my lunchtime

Comment

Originally posted by jiroy View Post
            Were you at any point able to launch the Windows Event Viewer ?
            No. I couldn't.

Comment

It didn't! That why am asking here. And am suspecting the CPU CHIP
              Will post it when i get to the office

Comment

@jiroy I see Lebanon and I think of falafels. Yum!! Getting close to my lunchtime
                You're the most welcome anytime ..

Comment

It didn't! That why am asking here. And am suspecting the CPU CHIP
                  Will post it when i get to the office
                  Okay . Any specific reasons why you suspect the CPU ? ..Did you try for instance to check for a fix in Dell's site .

Comment

Okay . Any specific reasons why you suspect the CPU ? ..Did you try for instance to check for a fix in Dell's site .
                    Dell site? the only things they give is the make sure of the
                    -secure boot enabled
                    -and UEFI
                    -disable legacy roms
                    or to take it to Dell facility or something like that

i suspects the CPU because in both windows and linux
                    i get BsOD OR just stuck there doing nothing
                    like now it's stuck on installing updates
                    or before it stuck on getting files ready for installation 77%
                    tried different types of flash drives even optical drives

attached a photo
                    Attached Files

Comment

after downgrading the bios to the Recommended ver which is 1.31
                      i still get the BsOD but it's now shows the
                      Wof.sys as the failed thing

attached img
                      Attached Files

Comment

after downgrading the bios to the Recommended ver which is 1.31
                        i still get the BsOD but it's now shows the
                        Wof.sys as the failed thing

attached img
                        I fully understand your frustration at Dell , trust me on that . All I can help you right now is to tell you that VGA driver in some of their models was the culprit ..Sometimes they put a fix , but all I find later is more frustrated people . Just so to be sure , try not to install the VGA driver , (It's difficult , I know), and see if the BSODs disappear .

Comment

I fully understand your frustration at Dell , trust me on that . All I can help you right now is to tell you that VGA driver in some of their models was the culprit ..Sometimes they put a fix , but all I find later is more frustrated people . Just so to be sure , try not to install the VGA driver , (It's difficult , I know), and see if the BSODs disappear .
                          you mean removing the driver pack from the windows ISO file?
                          so that it's wont install the VGA driver with the windows installation?

caus, i did that with both windows 7 and 10. same BsOD

or you mean i don't install the driver after windows installation (caus i cant get pass the windows installation even!!)

I just desolderd the bios IC and will try older bios dump ver 1.19
                          will update after flashing

updated: same wof.sys error when installing
                          Last edited by kuraimangetsu; 01-05-2023, 02:25 AM. Reason: after flashing new bios IC

Comment

after changing the bios dump again
                            still gives me the BsOD
                            but it's different stop code now
                            Attached Files

Comment

did a memtest86 everything passed good
                              Tried few other versions of windows and settings
                              i get different stop codes when installing windows such as
                              -memory management
                              -bad pool caller
                              that's why i think it's more of a hardware problem!!

Comment

you mean removing the driver pack from the windows ISO file?
                                so that it's wont install the VGA driver with the windows installation?

caus, i did that with both windows 7 and 10. same BsOD

or you mean i don't install the driver after windows installation (caus i cant get pass the windows installation even!!)

I just desolderd the bios IC and will try older bios dump ver 1.19
                                will update after flashing

updated: same wof.sys error when installing
                                Something like that .. It would have been easier if you were working on a Desktop . Supply an external VGA and disable on board VGA ..Evenmore , if you have dual VGA in a laptop , you can simply (well , not that much ,it has some procedures to make) disable the culprit one .
                                Keep us updated anyway , you're doing good job .

Comment

Hi again.
                                  just cleared the ME from the original bios bin backup. and it's works fine now

i don't know what that have to do with anything, really!!
                                  but after the bios flash with the CLEARED ME bin file
                                  tried it with legacy and uefi windows 10 and installed 10\10 no problems!

Comment

Hi again.

I knew it wasn't the CPU , Those problems weren''t CPUs ones anyway . Excellent job and thanks for the update ..

Comment

Hi again.

Hi were you able to install the AMD Display driver properly?
                                      i have the same unit and getting issues once windows auto install this driver.

Comment

Hi again.

i have same kind of fault, i tested diffrent bios dumps with no luck, what program did you use to do that,

Comment

Working...
                                        X