Sony XBR-65X900E 4 Blink Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR-65X900E 4 Blink Code

Closing the tv up until the parts arrive. Would rather not go tv shopping at this point.

Comment

All SONY equipment has a lot of protection and any malfunction leads to protection (look at the motherboard, how many smd fuses are in it, not one company installs so many ...).

Comment

Originally posted by my2k2zx2 View Post
        I found a set of all boards from a supposed cracked tv.
        Might get that and change out all the boards.
        Look, Sony has board binding (motherboard, t-con and panel), if you change something, you will have to do an update via USB.

Comment

Sorry, but none of that is going to fix it.

It’s backlight issue. All the repair shops that fix mainboards on eBay specifically say don’t send the mainboard if it’s 4 red flashes.
          Nicks tv also mentions replacing the leds on this model as the bypass to ground doesn’t work on your model

Comment

not sure if the blink code always tells the truth, I had 4 blinks, grounded out bl-error wire, 4 blinks went away but tv still did not have a picture, after lots of testing, put the bl-error wire back in original place, the 4 blinks did not return, but still no picture, these tvs are ridiculous.

Comment

well, the replacement board came and is in. Still giving the same 4 flashes.

Is there a guide to access and replace the backlight?

Comment

It’s the same as any tv. The only difference is the frame slides from one side to unlock it.

replace each strip 1 by 1 or outline all the current strips for reference. Sonys engineers did a real bang up job on this one. Lol

Comment

I've not had a tv apart before so no idea what to expect. I guess I'll go with the plan of removing all screws that I see and go from there.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-23-2023, 11:36 AM.

Comment

still curious about that cap post #44, did you test it to see if it shows continuity on both sides to ground like the original board does?

Comment

Yes, on the replacement board, that cap has continuity to ground on both sides.
                        The board was described as fully functional from a broken screen unit.

Comment

Yes, on the replacement board, that cap has continuity to ground on both sides.
                          The board was described as fully functional from a broken screen unit.
                          Do not measure continuity, measure resistance, if it's inline with the processor it will have a low resistance.

Comment

I managed to get the tv apart. I bought a led tester and found 1 bulb that does not turn on. I'm guessing that's the issue causing the 4 red flashes.

Comment

the 4 blink code was right on, bad backlight, could have taken it apart and solved it a week ago.

Comment

the backlight error pin being low is what threw me a little, because a lot of them are like over 2 volts when there's a backlight issue.

Comment

Yup, that seems to be the issue. New led strip is in and the tv turned on. Now to figure out where all of these screws go. Guess I should have kept better track of where they came from.

Comment

Nice!! Good work, Glad it’s fixed.

Comment

Yup, that seems to be the issue. New led strip is in and the tv turned on. Now to figure out where all of these screws go. Guess I should have kept better track of where they came from.
                                      easy low tech way to keep track of screws is an egg carton, you can label the spots 1-18 etc. if you have one of those dozen and a half ones.

Comment

I got it all back together, could not figure out where 2 black screws went. Oh well, at least it's back in business.

Comment

Working...
                                        X