Sony KDL-42W705B panel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-42W705B panel problem

Hi, this has panel problem for certain (AUO panel), in the troubleshooting process, after pressing ON button i am with set making a short lamp of backlight with status light shortly white then green/yellow repeated, in this situation main board remain powered and also tcon with all their correct output voltages. I cant find in the service manual description of this state, can you brief me ? thanks

Re: Sony KDL-42W705B panel problem

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
    Hi, this has panel problem for certain (AUO panel), in the troubleshooting process, after pressing ON button i am with set making a short lamp of backlight with status light shortly white then green/yellow repeated, in this situation main board remain powered and also tcon with all their correct output voltages. I cant find in the service manual description of this state, can you brief me ? thanks
    If it goes into blinking mode on alternately yellow - green, then it requires an update via USB.
    Last edited by lotas; 01-26-2023, 08:20 AM.

Comment

And what were the problems with him? What happened and how did you fix it?

Comment

Yes i was just watching now YouTube videos saying this, the tv needs an update because i have changed tcon board that was broken also, my question is, after upgrading i will have latest software installed , some years ago i bought two pmic chips to repair original tcon, if i succesfully repair it then mainboard probably will not recognize it as an original component and needs a new update, but since no more new versions available i need to copy tcon eeproms or what? thanks

ps: the panel is not already repaired, needs further efforts

Comment

in absence of answer i will furiously search for the original board, i copy its eprom to the new board and test also if new board consent me to boot tv with no upgrade..

Comment

It makes no difference, slip the latest update and it will again be updated to the same version, but you do not update through the user menu.

Comment

Are u sure? This is not Android tv i guess, Android updates works in a different way than not Android ones i think..

Comment

I have flight over the doubts and done the usb update, surprisingly immediately appeared a near perfect image, the first time i have seen one, there are some intermittent black lines , there was a tape masked pin made by me and there is a shorted burnt trace onto the last tab, therefore there is more work to do...
                Last edited by Davi.p; 01-26-2023, 01:08 PM.

Comment

The second question, the burnt traces on the cof tab, the burnt plastic substrate made an air gap between two traces (Signals HC1, HC2, two signal clocks that results shorted together), putting a paper band through it made no difference in the shorted signals, the burnt sign ends in the ACF tape area and i'm convinced that heat modified molecular structure so the glue is now always conductive in that point, how can i bear with this? I thought that pressing or sliding a very sharp cutter i can destroy the trace, is there a better way?

Comment

i succesfully removed the short HC1-HC2, during the tests unfortunately inserting the tcon flat cable one trace of the cable bended and turning on one chip on tcon caught on fire..

Comment

Bad news.. very bad news, after the replacement tcon brokes i have put back original tcon, the previous situation where it requests for an update returned, but now it refuses to load it!!! My premonition was right!!

I ask to experienced users: i have noticed that plugging the power in when keep pressing On button brings to a different state with blue led steady in standby position, leaving button and pressing it again if i remember brings to a pulsating white led but no update beginning, also in subsequent boots, what stands for this function?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                        Bad news.. very bad news, after the replacement tcon brokes i have put back original tcon, the previous situation where it requests for an update returned, but now it refuses to load it!!! My premonition was right!!

I ask to experienced users: i have noticed that plugging the power in when keep pressing On button brings to a different state with blue led steady in standby position, leaving button and pressing it again if i remember brings to a pulsating white led but no update beginning, also in subsequent boots, what stands for this function?
                        1. Try to disconnect the LVDS cable from the T-CON and turn on the TV, as soon as the error lights up without turning off the TV abruptly and without distortions, insert (connect) the LVDS back to the T-CON.
                        2. If the update does not pick up, then rename your update file to "upgrade_loader.pkg" (without quotes).

Comment

The first method is too risky, i defenitely will not try it. Let's see the second one but now the first problem is that replacement tcon are much overpriced, i'm in a stall..

Comment

Executed a forum search here, two things came out, no one knows about the blue led procedure, except the Sony aut. serv. centers obviously, the method of renaming the file did not worked so i think i will have to think a different method first..

Comment

LED Display Control
                              Attached Files

Comment

Maybe i am out of slime.. executed renaming ( same folder), put pendrive in tv, done the blue light procedure, waited pendrive led stop after few pulses, removed power, reinserted, white led does 3 - pause - 7 pulses, then turned on with key, tv turned on with backlight an maybe an image, tcon is broken, i see only vertical many colors lines. Thanks Lotas.. again..

Comment

Working...
                                X