Samsung UN65H6203BF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN65H6203BF

This set has power supply board BN44-00776A. i'am having a hard time finding one that's under a 100. Most voltages are about right with Back Lights unplugged and I have a standby light. If I plug the back lights up the voltages are cut in half and some no voltages and also loose stand by light. Back lights do not light up unless i use a back light tester, i can't really see how many lights are lighting using all four pins i can light up LED'S.Do you all think the power board is bad? Thanks for letting me in and for any reply's i get.

Re: Samsung UN65H6203BF

What happens if you unplug the main board from the psu, connect the backlights to the psu, then plug the tv into mains power?

Comment

no stand buy light and no back lights, most voltages leave or drop to half.

Comment

Measure the Dc voltages on each LED string and post some straight shot, hi res pics from your PSU

Comment

no voltage.

Comment

no voltage on the grey wires. main caps has 95 volts on each ones.Led's will light with tester. i went ahead and ordered the 100 board p/s.
            Last edited by otis11; 01-25-2023, 04:56 PM.

Comment

There is got to be an error somewhere. You should have 170v on the main filter cap in stby. 120x1.414

Post a high res, straight shot pic.

Comment

Yes it went to 170 v I think I had meter set wrong. There is no voltage on those two grey wires, maybe 1.785 dc reading from the black as ground and grey wires as hot. Nothing plugged in. Are you wanting a picture of the BN44-00776A p/s.

Comment

[/ATTACH]After taking the whole power supply out of the set and further testing i do have 325 dv volts on the back light light connector. each grey wire as red and using the black pins both sides have this same voltage. Looks like i may have ordered a board i don't need?? thanks
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by otis11; 01-27-2023, 12:43 PM. Reason: add photo

Comment

Better Picture, BN00776A
                    Attached Files

Comment

Better Picture, BN00776A[ATTACH]

Comment

Hi cow boy, post a brightest possible photo of the back, straight, not by side. PSB must be output loaded to test it well, a good board doesn't behave like your with fault at the load, so no way the board can be ok, instead a purchase of a too expensive board after 2 mins of opening the thread is not the smartest move i have seen.. Your board problem is 95% prob. in feedback section, only two parts are affected, one the optocoupler, the other & more critical the shunt reference reg.

Comment

What happens to the led strings with the backlights connected and disconnected? Does the DC a voltage ramp up fast at all, or just plain no voltage on the backlights? Do the backlights come on at all (maybe even for a second?) When the TV is on, does the PFC work? If the PFC works you should get instead of 170Vdc something like 390Vdc.

Comment

Iam sorry if i have offended anyone on here, i did order a board before i knew it was bad. I haven't worked on any electronics in 20 years, however it was 3/4 hours it looks like, i thought the post was up a day or two. I was anxiousness to fix the set for my wife. she loves tv and i picked tv up for 30 bucks.The board i'am getting is not the original. i only found this out after i ordered and paid for it. what a bummer, i didn't know there was a sub for this board. i will share it with you all monday. i love to work on stuff and i have sets to repair that is mine. i did ruin a tcl 55 inch trying to put in back lights. instructions were not that good. i got air bubbles in screen. i will be posting and donating in the future. Thanks

Comment

you did nothing wrong otis, some people around here are just crude and rude and they try to blame it on a language barrier when it's just bad manners, as witnessed by everyone here, no need to spell out the offenders name is there.
                              Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-29-2023, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I mean it's obvious just read the posts, post #13 was done by a person with class and civility, post #12 WAS NOT.

Comment

offended? why? Anyway can you return the board? :-S...
                                  What do you say about my suggestion? Have you checked any thing?

Comment

[/ATTACH]
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know. I told them I was hesitant about the board being a sub. I didn't know there was a sub. Now I will wonder if that doesn't fix it. Thanks to those of you that replied about not being upset or offended.
                                      thanks
                                      Last edited by otis11; 01-29-2023, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I guess we will see if the board sub will work or not when it comes in. Just keep us updated. I just wonder if the old PSU is o.k. or the LED strings being open. After all the LED section on the PSU has seen a lot of heat, which does suggest either a long runtime or the LED brightness running on full tilt.
                                        nomoresonys has a lot of experience with TV’s, helped many folks out and I am sure he will be keeping things straight. Sometimes it takes me a while to reply, that’s due to my line of work, but usually others will fill in.

Comment

Working...
                                        X