Sony XBR-65X900E 4 Blink Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR-65X900E 4 Blink Code

Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-18-2023, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I looked at a similar board over and I see several places that are labeled fuses but I'll be damned if I can tell where they are, I know some will have a label but just not be included in a particular design.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-18-2023, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I think I'll try a new main board and see if that gets this working again. Not sure what issues it might have at this point.

Comment

ok, if you are sure you are getting a new mainboard, something you can try if that there is a cap and not a fuse, is just remove it with a soldering iron and try the tv, I have seen this work, that is removing a shorted cap and tv working with it removed.

Comment

if you find a place with decent prices send me a message, still need one for my 900c.

Comment

Going to see if I can find one in a known working condition on ebay.

Comment

The fuses are in the photo, the motherboard has nothing to do with error 4 associated with the LCD Panel ...
                Attached Files

Comment

The circled fuses are not blown.

So the above chart is showing 4 red flashes means the panel itself is the issue?
                  Last edited by my2k2zx2; 01-18-2023, 03:25 PM.

Comment

This is everything related to the panel, backlight (leds), led driver, power led driver...
                    There is a problem with the panel or with the T-con, then the error would be "5".
                    Last edited by lotas; 01-18-2023, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I think it’s backlight related. Unplug the blue tabbed cable from the main board and plug the tv in. It will do a backlight test and if it the leds are good the leds will stay lit

Comment

Note you might have to unplug the lvds cables going to the tcon also.

I'm not sure as I already had the screen out and those cables unhooked when I discovered the led test cycle.

Comment

It's going through a color pattern, checkerboard pattern. No signs of it turning off. It's playing ambient music as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                            The fuses are in the photo, the motherboard has nothing to do with error 4 associated with the LCD Panel ...
                            I had 4 blinks plus many shorted caps on mainboard, have not decided on replacing mainboard but I think thats the issue.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-18-2023, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              I had 4 blinks plus many shorted caps on mainboard.
                              It could not be a short circuit, but a very low resistance on this bus (processor core power), just like on this 4 ohm board.

Comment

Originally posted by my2k2zx2 View Post
                                It's going through a color pattern, checkerboard pattern. No signs of it turning off. It's playing ambient music as well.
                                Well, you wanted to order a motherboard (and that would be the same mistake).

Comment

I found a set of all boards from a supposed cracked tv.
                                  Might get that and change out all the boards.

Comment

Well whats the answer then, storyteller just said if the backlights stay on they are ok and they stayed on.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                      Well whats the answer then, storyteller just said if the backlights stay on they are ok and they stayed on.
                                      The answer is this - the protection of the led backlight is turned off and the processor thinks that everything is in order with the backlight.

Comment

ok, just to satisfy curiosity can you test that cap on the new mainboard when you get it, to see if it reads the same.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                          The answer is this - the protection of the led backlight is turned off and the processor thinks that everything is in order with the backlight.
                                          ok, I get it, thanks for explaining, so it could still be a backlight issue.
                                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-18-2023, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X