Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SONY TC 252D What is the correct position of the voltage selector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY TC 252D What is the correct position of the voltage selector?

The physical description of the selector has been lost. It was made as a paper overlay for the selector jumper socket.
    The jumper itself is three-pole, but only two of them are connected to each other.
    I get 240V, 50Hz from the wall. If I connect pins C and 6, I have no voltage across capacitor C302.
    Did I read the diagram correctly and the jumper connection of pins C and 6 is correct?
    The dash lights come on, but I don't have power to the engine.
    Attached Files

Re: SONY TC 252D What is the correct position of the voltage selector?

C>1 = 100v
    C>2 = 110v
    C>3 = 120v
    C>4 = 120v
    C>5 = 220v
    C>6 = 240v

c302 is connected between the 100v tap and the motor casing, unless your motor is earthed you wont see voltage - it's for noise suppresion

if you see mains between 0v and 240v on the transformer then your wiring is fine

Comment

I got 100V between +C302 and -CP2.
      Thank you for your advice.
      The voltage is ok, but the motor is dead. We'll see if changing capacitors C903, CP1 and CP2 brings any improvement.

Comment

CP1 and CP2 are just for noise suppression of the switch contacts, that's it. Where is C903?
        C302 is the motor START capacitor, it could be bad, with the unit plugged in and in play, try spinning the motor by hand to see if it continues to run. If it does the start cap is bad
        Is the AUTO SHUT-OFF switch S302 closing to turn on the motor?
        Make sure the motor spins freely and that the bushings are not dry or seized
        Last edited by R_J; 01-06-2023, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          CP1 and CP2 are just for noise suppression of the switch contacts, that's it. Where is C903?
          Sorry, I got the C903 wrong, I must have been unconscious when I wrote that. Of course, I meant the capacitor C302

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          Is the AUTO SHUT-OFF switch S302 closing to turn on the motor?
          Make sure the motor spins freely and that the bushings are not dry or seized
          S302 was out of order. The motor and the entire tape recorder were back in the game. Thank You.

Comment

Working...
          X