X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    I found this site in my search for advice on why my Asus 1920x1200 monitor may have failed. Not only did I find what I was looking for, I took advice from the forum postings, and yesterday my monitor is working again! (Cost: AUD$6 for 5 caps on the power board)

Many thanks to you, who are willing to share knowledge with anyone.

Best wishes from the steamy tropics at latitude 19S.

Comment

Hello, I'm a 48 year old from Ohio with some technical know how.

Comment

Hello! My name is Nick and I love to tinker with fixing LCD/LED monitors. I am tired of just replacing boards without knowing what is wrong with them or simply fixing them without replacing. Any tips on items to read for electronic beginners is much appreciated. I am looking to reviewing all the great material on this site!

Comment

Thanks for adding me
          Ed hence the nick
          Thanks to your board I already diagnosed one lcd and I have another one with an issue. I will start a new topic

Thanks

Comment

Yo people. I'm joining in seeing that this forum seems pretty friendly and I basically need some help on things. I decided to take on a business, an internet cafe. I don't know much about computers and electronics, so being with the experts would be a good start.

-I don't if this is OK, but I'm having trouble with a 12 volt power supply that I made for a coin slot machine for pcs on my cafe. I know that this is too basic. Sorry.

I used a 1 amp transformer 220-12 volt, 2 diodes and a 12 volt 1000 uf capacitor...but I aint getting it , the capacitor bloated..I'll appreciate any help...thanks

Comment

New guy here. I am looking for some help to fix my lcd monitor. I don't know much about capacitors and would like to gain some knowledge on this topic. I have found out what is the issue is but would like some guidance. Thx for this nice forum of information.

Comment

Hello.Im new here.I started repairing tv since I was 18.

Comment

Hello,
                  Just found this awesome forum searching for help with my dell sx2210 monitor.
                  My name is Luis and I'm from Portugal. I've been working in mobile telecommunications for 23 years. I have finished my professional training in electronics in 1992 and a specialization in industrial electronics in 1994. After that tons of training in tellecomunications.
                  By the way my first computer was a used labtop in 1991 running ms-dos only with a 386 processor and a mathematic co-processor. When I was a teenager, I was dreaming with a ZX Spectrum, but that never happened.

Anyway, I hope to learn and share with this great community.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Great forum and very helpful information. Glad to be part of this community.

Comment

Name is John and I am willing to try to repair just about anything. I have been an HVAC technician for over 40 years. Looking at Samsung plasma tv to start here.

Comment

Hi, I'm New on this forum, I seek repair Technics for computers and other Electronics. I'm an computer technician for nearly 30 years.

Comment

Hi I'm a new Member.

Very interesting site, I'l peek around for a while....

Comment

Hello everyone from the Wonderful state of Michigan. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Hello,

The PM message I got directed me here to post something about myself.

I'm looking into learning about tv repair. Have done computer repair for many years, but that's not at the electronic level.

I will slowly fill in more info about myself when I feel comfortable to do so.

Comment

Hi Folks:

I am just new at this forum and I am looking to share some know how and learn more about electronics here. Is something I always wanted to learn and i am doing it step by step.

Thanks

Comment

Hi all I'm an ex coms tech from telecom NZ, now a small transport and logistics business owner in Aus. I still have an interest all things electronic and mechanical mostly automotive. All gained knowledge greatly appreciated. Thanks sgottabeford

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                    I am an a retired electronic engineer and in my spare time i enjoy designing circuits for different applications as well as repairing all types of electronic equipment.
                                    I also like to share my designs and ideas on this forum.

Thanks

Comment

Hello I am a retired Electronic Engineer who likes to design electronic circuits as well as repair every type of electronic equipment.
                                      I am glad to have found this forum so that I can share my knowledge with the world.

Comment

Hello from Iowa

Comment

Hi, I'm Brian, an New York Computer Science Student.
                                          I found this forum looking for help finding and replacing a smd part on my macbook mobo, but I think I will use it a lot in the future as well.
                                          Thanks for creating this site and I hope you pros can help me fix my issues, and I hope I can help others!

Comment

Working...
                                          X