Yamaha RX-A3010 working, no sound output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yamaha RX-A3010 working, no sound output

Did a quick swap of the operation(2), video(3) and digital(2) (so complete frontpanel including boards) as well, issue still there.Research continues..

Comment

so you don't have access to a scope? Further, you tested hdmi, but also check R/L rca input at both pre-out and at output. I guess an "easy swap out" isn't so easy... :-)

Comment

I do have a scope but didn't have the time to investigate further.. :-) , hope to do so tomorrow, now I'm working on a DSP-A2070 oldie.. :-) , keep you updated...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupsenkind View Post
          I do have a scope but didn't have the time to investigate further.. :-) , hope to do so tomorrow, now I'm working on a DSP-A2070 oldie.. :-) , keep you updated...
          you might consider opening a new thread for your a1030 as opposed to "dirting" up this exist a3010 thread.
          Once you get your scope connected, you should been able to "trace" some signals at key points to determine where things have gone astray.

Comment

Hi all, on request I've opened a new thread on this topic: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...75#post1147775

Comment

Hello all, new user here. As such, I cannot start a new thread until I post in an existing thread, so here goes.
              I have an RX-A3050 with the "no sound" problem and have read this thread with great interest. I have done the factory reset but no change in behavior.

My bench test is to set tuner to AM and listen for static. I only hear it with "Pure Direct" enabled. However, sometimes the sound disappears even in Pure Direct mode.

My next steps are to run through the onboard selftest diagnostics and see what they reveal. However I do not have a service manual for the A3050. I am using the service manual generously posted by FrozenHaxor (I think, sp?) but would like to find the manual for A3050 if possible.

Does anyone have a link to the RX-A3050 service manual they can share?

After this post, I will start a new thread for the A3050 as appropriate.

Thank you. The information on this forum is wonderful as are the people. I have enjoyed lurking and hope to contribute as well as benefit from being here.

Comment

Service Manual AV Receiver YAMAHA RX-A3050
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

Now I do have a RX-A3010 with the known "no sound" issue on the DIGI-2 board. Reflow of the D81YK113DZKB4 chip did not work so I'm looking for a DIGI-2 replacement board. Checked witn Yamaha support and they checked with HQ Japan but no boards available anymore at no warehouse or repair center. Does anyone has a (working) DIGI-2 board (partnumber WY506200) for sale? In parallel I've ordered the chip and will try to replace it but I would rather swap the complete board for a good one. Appreciate any feedback. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupsenkind View Post
                    I've ordered the chip and will try to replace it but I would rather swap the complete board for a good one. Appreciate any feedback. Cheers.
                    Don't bother with the chips, there aren't any good ones available. They're either failed reballed ones or just straight up fakes, and pretty much all the available boards if you can find any will have this fault sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenHaxor View Post
                      Don't bother with the chips, there aren't any good ones available. They're either failed reballed ones or just straight up fakes, and pretty much all the available boards if you can find any will have this fault sooner than later.
                      , ok thanks for the headsup, so unfortunately there's nothing more that I can do then use the receiver for parts.......

Comment

Working...
                      X