Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

So both main and EC are 32MB?

If so then just upload it here. It kinda supports it but I had disabled it. Been too busy to write some code so I could enable it again. Can do it manually for now.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
      Hi,
      thanks, i am trying to access developer mode but it is going to developer mode or not going to powerwash, what is the next step I need to do? it straight boots up and says connect to wifi.

Comment

Log in and powerwash if you can. If not, go to devmode and then back to normal mode and then log in and powerwash. If it doesn't work then just use a premade USB stick to restore OS.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
          Log in and powerwash if you can. If not, go to devmode and then back to normal mode and then log in and powerwash. If it doesn't work then just use a premade USB stick to restore OS.
          Sorry to be a pain, The Chromebook is not going in the developer mode, then how is it going to boot from USB?
          Regards

Comment

Are you familiar with Chromebooks and how they can be reinstalled? Or what are you trying to do, how are you trying to do and what exactly happens when you are trying to do it? Can't see your machine so I have no idea where you are stuck at.

Comment

So both main and EC are 32MB?

If so then just upload it here. It kinda supports it but I had disabled it. Been too busy to write some code so I could enable it again. Can do it manually for now.
              Thank you and here you go bro
              Both extracted are 32MB TOP and BOT
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ymifdal View Post
                Thank you and here you go bro
                Both extracted are 32MB TOP and BOT
                Flash bottom chip only:
                Attached Files
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                  Flash bottom chip only:
                  It worked! Thanks a lot

Comment

It worked!
                    I know, I know

Thanks a lot
                    You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by slightly_delayed View Post
                      Thx - that's really good news, because they are not that "narrow" (space-limited)!
                      I'll give it a try over the weekend.
                      Will give feedback after that.

cu
                      Hi, didn't work out....
                      Shaky hands, clumsy soldering iron, narrow space...
                      Don't get fooled by the pic/image in post #259 - no "big copper"-spots, about 2cm2 with tiny space between prone to soldering shortcuts (easy- and frequently)...
                      I'm again looking for other solutions/approaches....
                      Sigh....

Comment

Those are huge. You just need experience and better tools it seems.

Comment

Hi, didn't work out....
                          Shaky hands, clumsy soldering iron, narrow space...
                          Don't get fooled by the pic/image in post #259 - no "big copper"-spots, about 2cm2 with tiny space between prone to soldering shortcuts (easy- and frequently)...
                          I'm again looking for other solutions/approaches....
                          Sigh....
                          You need a smaller tip soldering iron and a flux type.

Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Those are huge. You just need experience and better tools it seems.
                            and
                            Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                            You need a smaller tip soldering iron and a flux type.

Thx RethoricalCheese and hoaca388

You're both right. Your advice is most welcome....

I'll try to use the copper-pads directly without soldering, have to cut the black top plastics from a SOIC8-clip, hopefully the pins' distances will be ok..

Will report back...

Comment

Hi there. Trying to unlock 840r G4
                              there is 2 chips
                              Tried to patch 32mb one and it gives an error that file is too big.
                              Patched 16 MB one its says its unlocked but password is still there. please help
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiler View Post
                                Hi there. Trying to unlock 840r G4
                                there is 2 chips
                                Tried to patch 32mb one and it gives an error that file is too big.
                                Patched 16 MB one its says its unlocked but password is still there. please help
                                Program both chips:

Comment

Thank you a lot Vesko356, worked like a charm!
                                  another question is it possible to do 830 G7 10th gen Cpu?

Comment

Thank you a lot Vesko356, worked like a charm!
                                    You're welcome.
                                    another question is it possible to do 830 G7 10th gen Cpu?
                                    Yes, it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                      You're welcome.

Yes, it is possible.
                                      here is 2 dumps please, and thank you in advance

Comment

here is 2 dumps please, and thank you in advance
                                        Here you are:

Comment

and

Thx RethoricalCheese and hoaca388

You're both right. Your advice is most welcome....

I'll try to use the copper-pads directly without soldering, have to cut the black top plastics from a SOIC8-clip, hopefully the pins' distances will be ok..

Will report back...
                                          So, I cut off the black plastics, leaving the 8 pins of the SOIC8-clip uncovered (did it carefully and slowly - not to break or cut the pins, too).
                                          Pins' spacings seem to be ok.
                                          Put a small piece of rubber/eraser between the legs of the clip - a little bit more than the WSONs 6mm in order to touch the copper-pads more exactly. Applied a rubberband over the spring of the clip in order to put some pressure to the pins contacting the copper-pads.
                                          According to my magnifying glass everything seems to be ok - every pin seems to be in contact with its copper-pad counterpart...
                                          But software can't detect (and read) the IC....
                                          I know it's a fragile "construct" (don't move, don't touch), maybe I could better fix the pins to the copper-pads with some wax?
                                          Any hints - apart from soldering it?

TIA :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X