• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

thanks for reply i installed c++ 32 it worked thanks

Comment

Tryin to figure out how to unlock my Elitebook x360 1040 G6... I've found the 32MB main BIOS (MX25L25673G) and dumped it, and the only other chip I can see on this board is a Winbond W25Q80DV (1MB Chip). RCUnlocker doesn't work on the 32MB Macronix, it tells me to flash the 16MB BIOS.. but unless it's a new type of chip I've never seen before... I don't see anything that could be a 16MB BIOS anywhere (I have of course looked on both sides).

I used HPUnlocker on the 32MB chip and flashed it back but the BIOS PW is still there.

I've compared the locked vs unlocked BINs in HxD and see that HPUnlocker removed the "userCred" area of the BIOS, and I also tried manualy removing the areas after the "nvramActive" text (@ 2 spots) as I've seen this from comparing other users files that have been uploaded here before and after... and after flashing that it boots but when i try to go into the bios by hitting f10 it reboots.. I honestly don't know enough about this to try much more than that at the moment in order to unlock it... so any help would be appreciated!

Here's the original 32MB dump..

edit: board is a L63009-601 in case that helps
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefilim View Post
        Tryin to figure out how to unlock my Elitebook x360 1040 G6...
        If you use the "Search this thread" and also the "Search" function and look for "1040 G6" youll find other members have posted their 16MB backup and unlocked succesfully using RCUnlocker/HP Unlocker. Where is that 16MB chip,i don`t know,its hiding somewhere

Please read the rules and do not start another new thread...

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronrepair View Post
          ok i compared both of my original and your unlocked file, can you please compare them in Hexcmp.
          they are %100 the same. how can this solve the issue like this? i also tried that and got the same result.
          I think it will be better to use the "fc.exe" command on DOS (cmd.exe) command, like fc /b file_dump.bin file_dump_unlocked.bin

Then, the terminal will show the difference of the two files!

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
            Lately I've seen a few 840 G5 die of excessive heat when unsoldering and soldering bios chip. Otherwise, no.
            Hello RethoricalCheese!

You're right: yesterday, I did find easily the 32Mb main BIOS chip, unlockit with HPUnlocker, verify the files and the differences, write it back to the Windbond 25Q256 and test it (with long wire) => it work

But admin password still there...

Then "hoaca388" wrote on the HPUnlock related thread:
            "You have another 16MB or 32MB chip left. Look for it on both sides of the main board." => thats right, on the other side, the hidden one

So, this morning, I tried to unsolder the ISSI IC25LP128 WON08 chip, with some difficult, because of the soldered middle pad on the back of the chip.

Finally, when off, my TL866II said that the connection to the chip (1~3 and 5~7) are bad (pin errors) ==>> no way to read back the data

My question: could anyone post an locked or unlocked 16Mb BIOS file (the EC chip) for an 840 G5 laptop?

It could be very nice

Thanks for your help!

Comment

*** OK, FORGET IT ***
              Breaking News, finaly, when pulling the wire from the chip, I was able to read it... and soon after, did TWO backup of the locked EC bin file

After droping the locked bin to the RCUnlocker executable, the unlocked file appear, and was immediately programmed to an SOIC Windbond 25Q128 (I had three pieces frm a previois chineese order ).

Easy to solder that one, put all screw (minus two ??? ther left!) to mount the pcb, fan, keyboard... breath long time, and push the power button...

Soon, I could go on the BIOS, no more annoying password, and reset the security settings, as said on post #1...

A few reboot later, I came back to my Windows 11, setup the account password, (pin code), fingerprint and camera recognation..

So, RethoricalCheese you did it well, and my 840G5 thank you to to get his full freedom!

Kind regards
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-18-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

hey i have a hp elitebook 840g7 with a bios password how can i reset it ?i only get to try the password 3 times and after i need to reset laptop,i have the bin file that u posted but i have noidea what to do with it, please help

Comment

whenever i unlock the 840 g7 bios password i am missing the fingerprint driver

can someone help me? how do i get the fingerprint driver back?

Comment

Originally posted by adom View Post
                    whenever i unlock the 840 g7 bios password i am missing the fingerprint driver

can someone help me? how do i get the fingerprint driver back?
                    Does it work before unlocking?
                    I saw in your other topic that you used lbe++, when you use the RCUnlocker does it happen again?
                    Explain in more detail what you have done and what you want to get as a result to get the right direction.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Did you reset security settings after unlocking?

Comment

hi friend it works for 1030 g3 bios pass locked ?

Comment

Originally posted by Montanatony View Post
                          hi friend it works for 1030 g3 bios pass locked ?
                          read first page ...
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hello, what a shame what am I doing wrong.
                            I always get this error message when I open the RCUnlocker in Windows 10 64bit.
                            Also by drag and drop. Maybe someone knows a solution.
                            Thanks in advance
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                              Hello, what a shame what am I doing wrong.
                              I always get this error message when I open the RCUnlocker in Windows 10 64bit.
                              Also by drag and drop. Maybe someone knows a solution.
                              Thanks in advance
                              do not open RCUnlocker ... drag the bios into RCUnlocker from the folder ..
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Hello! How does this program work?
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nad&a servis View Post
                                  Hello! How does this program work?
                                  you do not have the password on this chip ... look for another chip on the board ..

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                    do not open RCUnlocker ... drag the bios into RCUnlocker from the folder ..
                                    Sorry drag and drop same error message.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

For anyone who is having trouble using this amazing utility from @RethoricalCheese here is a full video guide using the utility on a HP ProBook:

Full Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnlvlKuPMVk

RCUnlocker Section of video - https://youtu.be/QnlvlKuPMVk?t=558

Comment

Hello.
                                        I download the "RC unlocker".ok. Then i want open it and it display a message to donate some money.
                                        Now, how i can open this file?
                                        Regards Detlef
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-30-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veddel% View Post
                                          Hello.
                                          I download the "RC unlocker".ok. Then i want open it and it display a message to donate some money. I send 5 € with paypal to Rethorical Cheese.
                                          Now, how i can open this file?
                                          Regards Detlef
                                          Do not open that file
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by hoaca388; 05-30-2022, 09:36 AM.

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                          Thanks to all supporters.
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                          X