• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by Ghamidi View Post
    Hi upload your EC backup
    Hey.Sorry im new in that is this EC?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildemo View Post
      Hey.Sorry im new in that is this EC?
      In the first boot , you have to go into bios setting fo disable all the security options.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Pls how can solve this issue,I've reinstalled the operating system, install a new vcruntime but I still get the same error message.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          In the first boot , you have to go into bios setting fo disable all the security options.
          hi try dump of hoaca388

Comment

Originally posted by Udemzy View Post
            Pls how can solve this issue,I've reinstalled the operating system, install a new vcruntime but I still get the same error message.
            >
            Originally posted by Stefax2001 View Post
            I already reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, nothing has changed.
            Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
            Install both x32 and x64 files.
            Originally posted by Stefax2001 View Post
            Thanks, it worked.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

>

Thanks, I'll try it.

Comment

Hi, need help with HP G7 430 with power-on authentication, RCUnlocker won't take 32mb and 16mb work in software but password still present when power on.

Can someone give me a clue

Comment

Originally posted by sadenki View Post
                  Hi, need help with HP G7 430 with power-on authentication, RCUnlocker won't take 32mb and 16mb work in software but password still present when power on.

use RCUnlocker only for the 16MB chip..the 32MB one remains the same..
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                    use RCUnlocker only for the 16MB chip..the 32MB one remains the same..
                    Thx for your help
                    Its not working, software take my 16MB dump, but when flash into IC laptop is still require password on power on :/

Here both version of 16MB dump (original and updated with RCUnlocker).

Comment

Hello, i've been trying to get a dump of my bios using wson8 pogo pin probe and ch341a. After sticking the probe to the bios chip, the lights from the laptop powered on for a split second. After I assembled the laptop, POST error appears (is it because I removed CMOS battery? not sure) but the laptop boots fine. Now, do i need to disconnect all the connections from the board before using wson8 pogo pin probe or should I continue knowing the first scenario about laptop lights and possibly might short something?

And another problem, after I connected the battery, the laptop automatically powers on, is it normal?
                      Also after I put the back case, the caps lock stayed on for a few seconds and can only be booted by plugging the laptop from charger. Hopefully I did not damage my laptop.

Thank you for your help.
                      Last edited by ogre4273; 09-25-2022, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ogre4273 View Post
                        Hello, i've been trying to get a dump of my bios using wson8 pogo pin probe and ch341a. After sticking the probe to the bios chip, the lights from the laptop powered on for a split second. After I assembled the laptop, POST error appears (is it because I removed CMOS battery? not sure) but the laptop boots fine. Now, do i need to disconnect all the connections from the board before using wson8 pogo pin probe or should I continue knowing the first scenario about laptop lights and possibly might short something?

And another problem, after I connected the battery, the laptop automatically powers on, is it normal?
                        Also after I put the back case, the caps lock stayed on for a few seconds and can only be booted by plugging the laptop from charger. Hopefully I did not damage my laptop.

Thank you for your help.
                        remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing the bios chip, don't use the probe otherwise you might have errors... if you don't have an adapter socket for bios chips stick the bios chip on the programmer, or wires between the chip and programmer.. the laptop starts without pressing the ON button because you removed the bios battery..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                          remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing the bios chip, don't use the probe otherwise you might have errors... if you don't have an adapter socket for bios chips stick the bios chip on the programmer, or wires between the chip and programmer.. the laptop starts without pressing the ON button because you removed the bios battery..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                          thank you for your reply, now I can't boot my laptop. The charging led is blinking orange and white and the caps lock is blinking with long durations and whenever I put on the battery, it automatically turns on. What should I do now? any help please.
                          Last edited by ogre4273; 09-26-2022, 03:40 AM.

Comment

So after some research, and as staded in my first post, the 32MB Main BIOS also need to be hex modify to be able to remove password on-power start.
                            I download couple of old and modify bit to understand what member modify, without succefully finding a method to remove it.
                            Can somebody lead me what should I modify to remove this dump "on-power password" that why customer don't set, and witch even HP with warrenty won't take it and ask ridiculous price to fix it ...

Comment

You're welcome.

Yes, it is possible.
                              Hey do you know if it can also work to remove user password for "power on authentication" ?
                              Maybe I do thing wrong, but same as Smiler, tool work and say unlocked, but power-on authentication is still there, can't acces bios to reset, so still stuck
                              Same laptop as Smiler, G7 830

Comment

Give this a try, flash only 32MB file, leave the 16MB untouched. And leave feedback if it worked.
                                I don't provide help for people using CH341A and a clip.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielDacko View Post
                                  Give this a try, flash only 32MB file, leave the 16MB untouched. And leave feedback if it worked.
                                  First test, working fine, I don't want to reset security setting as I fear windows won't launch anymore, i gonna rebuild laptop and edit to tell if it boot into windows.

Edit : No need to reset security setting, boot into windows just fine

Thx a lot DanielDacko and RethoricalCheese for your awesome tool
                                  Last edited by sadenki; 09-30-2022, 07:48 AM.

Comment

First test, working fine, I don't want to reset security setting as I fear windows won't launch anymore, i gonna rebuild laptop and edit to tell if it boot into windows.

Glad to hear that it works, not done by RCUnlocker as it doesn't support 32Mb files.
                                    I don't provide help for people using CH341A and a clip.

Comment

Edit : No need to reset security setting, boot into windows just fine

Big news, customers came in, try 3 times is windows password, couldn't find it, reboot twice, and TADAAA, power-on security kick in.
                                      So I gonna flash again with you modify bios, reset security and default setting, clean SSD, make a clean install and I should be fine

Comment

Can I flash an older bios dump of the same laptop? because I updated the bios after saving and reading a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by ogre4273 View Post
                                          Can I flash an older bios dump of the same laptop? because I updated the bios after saving and reading a dump.
                                          yes.. you can write any bios version of the same laptop.. keep the original so you don't have problems.. and you can write it back when you want..

Comment

Working...
                                          X