X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

I'm science teacher and I'm looking for all the wealthy information I can get. Thanks for this beautiful community.

Comment

Hello all..
      been looking to mess around with boardview after watching rossmann videos. Ended up here..

I have been an electronics hobbyist for 40 years, industrial electrician, IT and industrial tech/ cybersecuity, hobby machinist, and currently employed as a professional engineer for a major North American hydro utility..

Looks like a great collection of info and members here!

Rob

Comment

Hello all,

My name is Colby, I am from Minnesota. I am new to the forums, I am looking to get into the field as a hobby. I currently have a 2015 MacBook air I'm looking to repair and get working again. I have just purchased a hakko FX-951-66 and am now looking at microscopes/hot air workstations.

Comment

Hello all,

I am a system administrator in small company.
          Electronics is a my hobby.

Comment

Hihhi, I am a student from Germany.
            I try to fix my Macbook Logicboard and voila, now I am here!

greetings

Comment

Hello everyone, electronics hobbyist from Singapore

Comment

Hi all, just introducing myself as suggested, guy who lives in Kent trying to fix my TV in lockdown ).

/tekz

Comment

Hello, Was a tv tech for many years. moved on, brought here through a friend giving me a macbook to look at

Comment

Hi,
                    i'm searching for some help to repait my plasma.

Comment

hello!
                      this is one of the most interesting forum i've been.
                      hope you can help me to repair my laptop

Comment

first post. looking for tv troubleshooting advice

Comment

Hi I'm from Spain, just started troubleshooting laptops and i need some support.
                          I joined so i can fix my laptop

Comment

Hello everyone, electronics hobbyist from Ukraine

Comment

Hello, Santosh from Bangalore, India.
                              Stumbled upon this forum while searching online for "no sound" problem I am facing with a new Denon receiver. Irony is that most of it's 3 years warranty period is still available, but I can't claim it because it was bought in another country (USA). That is compelling me to try out some component level diagnosis and fixing if possible, and I think I have landed at the right place for help!

Comment

Hi,
                                My name is Ivan and i work in a PC repair shop. I have interests in just about anything that is electrical.
                                Lately I've been getting into component level repair and that is the main reason i joined here.

Comment

Hello, I am new to this forum. I used to fix old style computers such as Vax 11/780 and DEC 11/44 70 32 etc . This was back in 1980's and I have recently been watching repair work on iPhones and MAcs etc . The techniques I used back them will still work albeit in a much smaller scale. I am considering buying a solder station and microscope but not sure as this is a major outlay. I will look forward to discussions on this forum in this vein
                                  R4M

Comment

Hello... I'm new here

Comment

I'm having trouble fixing the nvidia 840m graphics card in lenovo z50

Comment

Hello there,

I love messing around with laptops. Got myself a used probook that I'm currently messing around with. Would love some help and pointers and to be a part of this community.

Comment

Hello everyone, look forward to great information.

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                          As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                          So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                          where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Working...
                                          X