Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to disconnect CMOS battery. Now wont go past recovery utility....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to disconnect CMOS battery. Now wont go past recovery utility....

Bios reset to factory specs and date is 2009. I have a dell latitude e6400 ATG service tag: 5MPVHL1 1F5A

Searching the site seems to show that I have to do some serious business to either bypass or generate a password and the only one who can do it for me is on the Ivory Coast.
    5MPVHL1 1F5A any takers? I need a bios password.

Running Windows 7 64bit
    Upgraded wifi and running Solid State Drive.
    4 gb ram
    Dual core 3gb T9900. It's not a gamer, but is very stable and puts up with my abuse.

Ran this configuration for the last 12 months no problem, but had to remove mother board to replace the USB/Audio daughter board.
    Now, I can see the hard drive and all the windows files on the command prompt, but wont boot.

All I can think of is that the Bios needs to be updated with a download from Dell.

Can I boot off an UBUNTU ISO DVD and then update the BIOS from the dell website that way?

Any thoughts.

Re: Had to disconnect CMOS battery. Now wont go past recovery utility....

Sounds like SSD corruption. I would wipe the SSD and reinstall the OS.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
    X