Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 37PF7321/98 cannot turn on

you won't be able to read voltage at pin 6 or 7
    it has to be read after the diode and with a cap in place like 2508 and and or 2140
    which is why I asked you to check voltages as I mentioned.
    I wanted to check the diodes with current running through them. an ohm meter does not tell all

Comment

"Both are both 5v. C2508 is 85v." At least the 5V stays at 5V we know it is not regulation problem otherwise the 5V will be high also.
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by bammbammfran View Post
        you won't be able to read voltage at pin 6 or 7
        it has to be read after the diode and with a cap in place like 2508 and and or 2140
        which is why I asked you to check voltages as I mentioned.
        I wanted to check the diodes with current running through them. an ohm meter does not tell all
        C2508 is 85v, C2140 is 70v.

Gate at 7531 is 20v.
        Last edited by john_doe; 06-25-2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

That is big drop from 125V.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by john_doe View Post
            With all connectors removed except 1306, C2508 drops to 54v.
            I guess I am not getting answers to the other questions and your jumping to something else which may work.

all connectors ? from power and from main board ?
            are you running external to the relay at this point ?

54 might be closer to where it should be at that point
            so check the 12v at c2140 while you are at

if that is close to 11-12, try reinstalling one connector back in at a time

Comment

IS SOMEONE MESSING WITH ME or AM I SEEING THINGS ?

Did you change that post about things being unplugged
              and did you reconnect the gate line ?

Comment

I guess I am not getting answers to the other questions and your jumping to something else which may work.

all connectors ? from power and from main board ?
                are you running external to the relay at this point ?

54 might be closer to where it should be at that point
                so check the 12v at c2140 while you are at

if that is close to 11-12, try reinstalling one connector back in at a time
                Sorry, which questions? I will answer all questions.

I removed all connectors except 1306 from the main power supply board to the standby board. C2508 is 54v, c2140 is 64v.

When I plug in 1306 and 3 pin 1305, c2508 is 78v and c2140 is 67v.

Comment

IS SOMEONE MESSING WITH ME or AM I SEEING THINGS ?

Did you change that post about things being unplugged
                  and did you reconnect the gate line ?
                  You told me to reconnect the Gate in post #224. Did I do something wrong?

Comment

take a nap
                    I need a breather

Comment

I am trying to help, but when you get off the merry-do-round and don't let me know, I end up going around in circles alone !

I did mention trying to hook the gate back up and or running a bulb to the 12 volt line
                      But
                      You never said that you did that and you did not say anything about the voltages changing
                      so, I assumed it was still an open circuit over there
                      SO, that did cause the 125 volt to drop to 70ish ?
                      and, is the gate showing 20v when connected or 60 something volts
                      and, does it change at all with use of the power button ?

that 125 dropping to around 70 helps but it should dropping another half that much.

The questions I had asked and you did not answer were from post 239 and said:
                      Seems to be the issue is right near that transformer
                      possibly the transformer or the 6504 diode , possibly the 2507 cap ?
                      if you want to keep playing and since we can get a replacement, remove the 6140 diode and see if the 125 stays there at the 2508 capacitor, if voltage does stay, try removing the 2507 caps one or both legs and if still too high of voltage, put the diode from 6140 in place of the 6504

But I saw no voltage test results to this, and instead of this you removed the parts and tested them individually

re: this note you made:
                      Gate at 7531 is 20v.
                      If 2140 is showing 70- the gate should be showing the same

and on this note
                      I removed all connectors except 1306 from the main power supply board to the standby board. C2508 is 54v, c2140 is 64v.

c2508 should read higher than c2140, so you may have inverted some numbers - probably the 54 and 64

Comment

I am trying to help, but when you get off the merry-do-round and don't let me know, I end up going around in circles alone !

I did mention trying to hook the gate back up and or running a bulb to the 12 volt line
                        But
                        You never said that you did that and you did not say anything about the voltages changing

that 125 dropping to around 70 helps but it should dropping another half that much.

if you want to keep playing and since we can get a replacement, remove the 6140 diode and see if the 125 stays there at the 2508 capacitor, if voltage does stay, try removing the 2507 caps one or both legs and if still too high of voltage, put the diode from 6140 in place of the 6504

But I saw no voltage test results to this, and instead of this you removed the parts and tested them individually

Gate at 7531 is 20v.

and on this note

c2508 should read higher than c2140, so you may have inverted some numbers - probably the 54 and 64
                        Sorry for going off track. I thought I can offer more measurement to help. I will strictly follow the instructions from now on. I thought I have post about rejoining the Gate of 7531. My mind must have been playing tricks on me. Sorry pal!

Comment

But

Gate at 7531 is 20v.

and on this note

All plugs connected to standby board
                          Gate Trace Cut
                          C2508 125v
                          C2140 95v
                          Gate 6v
                          Drain 5v
                          Source 5v
                          Right Pad 95v

Gate Trace Restored
                          C2508 83v
                          C2140 70v
                          Gate 20v
                          Drain 5v
                          Source 5v

D6140 disconnected
                          Gate Trace Cut
                          C2508 13v and decreasing
                          C2140 45v and decreasing
                          Gate 0v
                          Drain 0v
                          Source 0v
                          Right Pad 13v and decreasing

Gate Trace Restore
                          C2508 13v and decreasing
                          C2140 45v and decreasing
                          Gate 13 v and decreasing
                          Drain 0v
                          Source 0v

Comment

so it won't stay powered with 6140 out
                            I am surprised to see that 2140 is higher voltage than 2508 when the 6140 diode that feeds 2140 is out !
                            try 6140 in place of 6540 and see if the voltages differ from the 13 and 45volts
                            then if they do differ, stick 6504 where 6140 was

Comment

The replacement standby board arrived today. I fixed it in and power up the tv, the problem still the same. When power from the main, the front led light is either green or off, depending whether the on/off switch was pressed before turning off the main power. So the problem is not on the standby board?

It is 54v at C2508 and 20v at C2140.

Mosfet 7531 - Gate 20v, Source 5v and Drain 5v.

When I power from main, there is 5v on pin 1 and pin 4, and 160v and pin 2 and pin 3 of the relay 1350 on power supply board. I did not even press the on/off button. I guess it shouldn't hv 5v on pin 1 and pin 4 when first power on.

I just do not know why the relay 1350 is activated straight away.

Comment

Working...
                              X