Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mint 17.1 XFCE NON PAE Force PAE Install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mint 17.1 XFCE NON PAE Force PAE Install.

Hi guys; I've just installed linux Mint rabeca 17.1 XFCE on an Emachines with Intel P4 3.06 GHZ cpu 2 gb mem just to check if it comoares to Xubuntu 14.04, it runs great but every time i boot to the Desktop
    i have this annoying notice, quote:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STARTING Synaptic Packages Manager,without Administrative privileges,

you will not be able to apply any changes , but you can still export the marked changes, export or create a download script for them .
    --------------------------------------------

anybody has any idea how to remove this,i can easily remove it by clicking on the x but this is annoying,thanks.

and by the way, this is extra info for someone with low end Computers with NON PAE CPU for mostly Pentium M machines,
    I installed Mint 17.1 Rebeca XFCE along side WIN XP with dual boot on my Laptop Sony Vaio VGN 195, Intel Centrino NON PAE CPU 1.5GHZ,1 Gb Mem with Force Pae,and you know what it installed great and runs great,and it's supported till 2019, while i had Xubuntu 12.04 that also run great but only supported till this coming April,since Ubuntu Products lack of NON PAE distros with support anymore , this is a great find,remind that i've tried all the Ubuntu distros and none installed in this NON PAE Pentium M. so anybody that has this old P M Machines it's good news.

Re: Mint 17.1 XFCE NON PAE Force PAE Install.

Are there any updates to apply ?
    Have you tried any of the things suggested here ? http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=140599

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Are there any updates to apply ?
      Have you tried any of the things suggested here ? http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=140599
      Thanks diif; there are no updates cause i did the Update when i installed Mint,

i will check the fixes in the link,but i don't like to loose time on fixes that did not have reason to exist and loose time while i can replace Mint and re- install Xubuntu that i like in 15 minutes and have everything run right, without this nonsense crap.

it's strange that this weird things happen on most non Ubuntu distros,
      that why i love Ubuntu Distros cause barely have this type of behavior,i had Xubntu 14.04 installed and never had this stuff,i guess if this synaptic message doesn't go away, i'll go back to Xubuntu,i just was curious, cause there was many people talking good of Mint,so i tried it,

Comment

The last few Linux installs I've done have all been Mint, and I've not seen this issue.
        To me it's not loosing time if i gain in knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          The last few Linux installs I've done have all been Mint, and I've not seen this issue.
          To me it's not loosing time if i gain in knowledge.
          I uninstalled synaptic and did a few things and reintalled XFCE but now i don't have synaptic on the desktop upon booting but have The Terminal
          with this scrip

bash: /usr/bin/mint-fortune: No such file or directory
          frank@frank-desktop ~ $

this is crazy.
          Last edited by ivtec; 01-17-2015, 10:44 PM.

Comment

May be a corrupted ISO.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
              May be a corrupted ISO.
              Thanks;well i solved issue by re-installed Mint 17.1, it take less time than try to figure out the fix

Comment

Working...
              X