Video Conferencing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Conferencing

I am supposed to setup a video conference at the office and yup it has to be on a budget. I have no idea if it is gonna work good. I guess we should use MSN.

I am looking at the Logitech Communicate STX for MSN. I will also get a USB 2.0 card cause although the PC is ok 2.4Ghz 845 chipset it has only usb1. The connection is DSL 384/128. I guess the other end being a big office will have a fat connection.

Of course it would be better to rent video conference facilities from one of the big hotels but they want to do it this way. shit it would be easier to use the fone but whatever....

Any ideas if it is gonna work ok or any tips?
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: Video Conferencing

384/128 seems a little narrow for videoconf. purposes.
    The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

thanks Chris. yeh i realise that will be the problem. hey maybe an excuse to upgrade the connection! anyway i guess if i can get some video going they can use the fone and watch the video. it is only for one interview. otherwise if it sucks i have found a friends office has a leased line and IP video conferencing solution. You see how business is. they wont listen to me that it will suck with consumer equipment on 384. i have to implement it and demonstrate that it sucks!

the funny thing is that i was real worried in the first place 384 would not be enough for the office (it is kinda expensive here but getting cheaper) but it is fine with 3 serious users, another 4 infrequent users and the mailserver. i think the zyxel router does a good job though. DSL makes my job so much easier. downloading drivers is no problem at all. god bless DSL.

dunno how the phone company is making money though. my home fone went from 160 euros a month to 40 after getting DSL....?
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

MSN is video chat software. Polycom is best for video conferencing. For web-video conferencing you have two options: either use hosted services such as WebEx, gomeetnow, gotomeeting etc. or deploy on premise web-video conferencing appliance such as RHUB appliances.

Comment

Holy cow that is the most fail of a thread revival ever.... 8 YEARS!

Comment

GoToMeeting can be used by up to three people for free. If one has a slow connection you can use just the audio. You can also call in using a regular phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakov View Post
              GoToMeeting can be used by up to three people for free. If one has a slow connection you can use just the audio. You can also call in using a regular phone.
              thanks for reviving a 10 year old thread.
              Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
              X