Samsung Plasma TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma TV

Hey all, hoping someone can help me, I have a Samsung PN60E550D1FXZA Plasma with a bad screen (pic attached). It is a 2011 model and is a smart tv, I also have a Samsung PN58B860 Plasma, it is a semi smart TV from 2009, it can run widgets at the bottom of the screen. Can I swap tuners to make my 2009 Plasma a smart TV, someone had told me the Samsung parts were interchangeable. I hate to just dump the smart tv if I can use the parts for my older tv. Also, does this look like a bad screen?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zukdj; 03-19-2019, 09:35 PM.

Re: Samsung Plasma TV

I'd love to swap the component and make my 2009 Sammy a smarter TV if the screen is shot but I haven't had them apart side by side and have no idea if its possible....
    Last edited by zukdj; 03-19-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

The screen is bad on the 60" and the boards are not interchangeable in any way.

Comment

Comment

Just use a laptop or computer to send video to the TV. You can re-size your window to fully fit on the good part of the screen and ignore or disconnect the bad part of the panel.

I used a few TVs with bad panels (at the left side or right side) by utilizing the good portions of the screen with a laptop or computer. Sure the effective screen size is a bit smaller, but otherwise fully usable.

Smart TV doesn't mean anything. Every device like laptop, computer, tablet, XBOX 360, XBOX One, PS3, PS4, KODI, etc all have more features than your TV anyway.

Anything you can do to get a few more years out of it will be helpful for you.

Comment

Working...
          X