Sharp LC-70LE660U - Sound, No picture, Picture for split second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-70LE660U - Sound, No picture, Picture for split second

Picked up a Sharp LC-70LE660U - was told backlight was out. After plugging in, the picture will display for a split second, then screen goes black. No blinking codes, sound works. Did not detect anything with flashlight test. Backlights are on initially - but then are off with the picture.

From the front of the tv, I disconnect each side of the tcon ribbon cable. When disconnecting the side controlling the left side of the display, the left side is all white, while the right side is displaying the picture.
    However, if I disconnect the right side, I get a distorted picture.
    Then with both tcon cables connected, the screen comes on for a split second, then goes black.

I then disconnected the farthest left driver board by disconnecting the ribbon cable between the driver board - and was able to get 75% of the screen to display.

Any other suggestions or recommendations? Bad panel? Should I remove the tab from the display?
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-70LE660U - Sound, No picture, Picture for split second

Is this one with the circuit board along either side of the TV? if so, disconnect the left side at the bottom where it connects to the lower buffer boards (or whatever they are called).

See what happens then..? First glance, this seems like maybe the sharp/vizio bad panel... which would require removal of the tab bonds on problem side of the tv.... do your research before this step! Non-reversable. Fixed a 70" sharp this way however.

Comment

Here is the thread. Same panel probably.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49281

Comment

I do not see a full circuit board on either side of the TV, nor do I see a ribbon cable connecting the bottom boards to the side (bottom.jpg). I am looking just underneath the black metal bezel. Unless there is more disassembly required.

What I do see along the side are the bonded flexible with a chip embedded on it - do I just cut these off (side.jpg)?

Thanks for your prompt response.
        Attached Files

Comment

it appears that this model on has side tabs and opposed to edge boards and tabs.

Your "test" by disconnecting the "half" of the lower edge boards kind of shows the problem is on the disconnect end and maybe beyond (ie. tabs on that side).

One thing, the picture of the side tab that you posted appears to show "material" across some of the contacts near the panel edge.... is that just the picture or is there some sort of "contaminant" there? can you gently clean it... be very careful as that area is near the tab bond which can easily be disturbed and not repaired there after.

Comment

The frame on this unit is all one piece, so it's hard to get to the side. Believe I have located the "bad" tab bond (bad_tab) located on the bottom left. All I can see is this part of the tab - I don't see a full circuit board as I've seen in other photos. There is black tape at the corners and at certain spots over the frame.
            I'm having a hard time getting a good photo, when I pull the frame apart from the display, the tab bonds want to remain against the display and it's difficult to see.

I assume the process is to cut the visible tab off (since I don't see a circuit board)- can I just cut the bad one off; or do all on the same side need to be removed?

Thanks again!
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Sharp LC-70LE660U - Sound, No picture, Picture for split second - WORKING!

Thanks to all that replied - removed the tabs - see attached - tv working now!!!!

Attached Files

Comment

Did you pull these off or cut them ?

Comment

Good job!!!

Comment

peeled them off - very easy - just wasn't sure what to do since my tabs didn't look like other pictures I've seen.

Comment

May as well tape these to the back of the tv (all but the bad one of course). May come a time when one of the tabs on the good side burns up and a diy tab bond can again bring it back from the dead.

Comment

Thanks you so much for this thread! I had the exact same problem. I am just wondering, is your TV still working?

Comment

Working...
                        X