X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNPH0783 and compatible boards

Hi guys,

This is my first post.
    I have a Panasonic TC-P42X10L whose main board seems to be broken. It shows the 14 blinks error. I am not an expert on TV repair, there's probably no one in the country that can help and it is probably not worth spending a lot of time on replacing parts on the board because it's an old board (maybe I am wrong on this).

I want to buy a replacement for the board: TNPH0783 FL 2A main board.
    The problem is that this is an old TV. There seem to be variations and similar boards and I don't know which one to buy. I haven't seen online a replacement that has the exact same specs (is the FL or the 2A relevant?).
    All X10 (or is it X1?) series seem to have some kind of similar board (some have different input connectors) but the rest of the board is identical. Also the TNPH0782 1A looks identical on the photos.

Besides that, I haven't found online the service manual for the exact tv model (TC-P42X10L).

Could anyone give some advice on which boards could work in this TV?
    Besides that, would it be necessary to do some firmware upgrade for some options? I guess it would be complicated to get the old firmware of such an old board.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: TNPH0783 and compatible boards

Try to find the board with the same connectors layout, otherwise you will need to cut or cover some of the holes for the I/O connectors.
    The firmware IC is possible to reprogram with CH341A for example or simply swap it from one board to other.
    Usually it's possible to use 42" board in 50" set for example, and then change panel size in the service menu.
    Have you tried to find some shorts on the board, check some voltages?

Comment

Thanks. I am not sure what to measure.
      I have tried measuring between F15V and GND pins in A7 connector with the device powered on and there is no short and there is 250mV only (?). Not sure what that means. (sorry, I am not electrician)
      I tried to force the case mentioned in one "Technical and Troubleshooting guide" (not exactly the same device) to get the 'solid red' after the 'relay click' (which I couldn't really hear) and I always got the 14 blinks.
      Could you tell me what can I check to be sure the A board is the problem and not the P board?

About the A board replacements, I would be happy with a board that works without any firmware change, I guess I can remove the cover for the connectors problem (it's my TV). If the connectors of a board look exactly the same, how do I know that don't need any firmware changes?

Thank you!
      Last edited by jcsc; 05-28-2020, 02:47 PM. Reason: add boards question

Comment

Have a read through the troubleshooting guide.
        What is your power supply board number?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dick_barton; 05-29-2020, 01:54 AM.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks.

I have 'tried' to read that troubleshooting guide. I've also followed the Youtube video on 14 blinks error for Panasonics.
          For the troubleshooting guide there's not really much info on the 14 blinks error: it says it's the A board or the P board. I can't get to force the situation where the LED stays red (which would be a P board problem) so I guess it's an A board problem.
          Regarding the Youtube video that shows the steps to check for shorts, I can't seem to find any short apart from the pins that are supposed to be grounded (one per connector).
          I didn't realize P stands for Power supply. I have an extra power supply because a technician (not expert), that later said he didn't know how to fix it, had made us buy a P board replacement, and later said that was not the problem. So, I think the problem is not in the P board, which is an LSEP1279.

If it's not obvious yet that the problem is the A board I would like to get some feedback on what to test.

If it's clear that the problem is for sure is the A board (and nothing else) then what I would need to know is which replacement to buy. I need help on deciding which part I can buy. I can't find an exact "TNPH0783 FL 2A" board (is the 'FL' part important?), which also has the same connectors (3 "RCA" AV connectors set instead of the 2 EU AV connectors (the big black connector) that some boards seem to have).

All these ones look similar:
          - TNPH0782 FC 3A: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33055526232.html?s
          - TNPH0783 FA XX: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000924811032.html?s
          - TNPH0783 XX 1A: https://ksp-electronics.com/en/produ...1a-txn-a1epuf-
          - TNPH0783 XX XX: https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...487953988.html
          - TNPH0782 FC 3A: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TNPH0782GC-T...C/193066128726

Otherwise there are options with the black (EU?) connectors such as this one:
          - TNPH0783 XX 2A: https://telewizorki.pl/cz%C4%99%C5%9...a-nr-830a.html
          If this one works I don't care about having less AV Inputs and those EU inputs as long as I have the HDMI inputs working. I can remove the back cover over the connectors or make a hole in the metal so that it fits inside, I don't care about the aesthetics because it's my TV.

I don't know which one is 'compatible' and for the compatible ones which ones would not need a firmware replacement, which I want to avoid if possible.

Thank you very much!
          Last edited by jcsc; 05-29-2020, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Just for the record, I've found the manual for my exact TV model (but different chassis/connectors). It is attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

If this diagram (TC-P42X10L) matches up to your TV then 14 blinks says it's an audio fault.
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks.
                Well, I've read in several places that this 'Audio PWM SOS' description for 14 blinks is not very 'accurate'. For example, HDMI circuit part errors that how to this blink code seem to be common (and I guess that's not exactly an 'Audio PWM error' would mean, but I could be wrong).

Comment

Re: TNPH0783 y placas compatibles

Originally posted by jcsc View Post
                  Hi guys,

This is my first post.
                  I have a Panasonic TC-P42X10L whose main board seems to be broken. It shows the 14 blinks error. I am not an expert on TV repair, there's probably no one in the country that can help and it is probably not worth spending a lot of time on replacing parts on the board because it's an old board (maybe I am wrong on this).

I want to buy a replacement for the board: TNPH0783 FL 2A main board.
                  The problem is that this is an old TV. There seem to be variations and similar boards and I don't know which one to buy. I haven't seen online a replacement that has the exact same specs (is the FL or the 2A relevant?).
                  All X10 (or is it X1?) series seem to have some kind of similar board (some have different input connectors) but the rest of the board is identical. Also the TNPH0782 1A looks identical on the photos.

Besides that, I haven't found online the service manual for the exact tv model (TC-P42X10L).

Could anyone give some advice on which boards could work in this TV?
                  Besides that, would it be necessary to do some firmware upgrade for some options? I guess it would be complicated to get the old firmware of such an old board.

Thank you!
                  have you fixed the mainboard problem?
                  which mainboard did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by ki. View Post
                    have you fixed the mainboard problem?
                    which mainboard did you buy?
                    Sorry, I've just seen this.
                    Unfortunately, I haven't yet found exactly the part I need. Did you have the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by jcsc View Post
                      Sorry, I've just seen this.
                      Unfortunately, I haven't yet found exactly the part I need. Did you have the same problem?
                      My problem is that the board is broken, and the HDMI does not work.
                      Only the side, A/V and VGA works.
                      I can't find the same board.
                      as I saw that you wanted to try a different board, I wanted to know if it worked for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X