Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR65X850D

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help, I have a set stick in the screens that are attached in the picture. I have received two spare main boards from a reputable company. With the spare main boards I get sound but no picture. I was told that the boards will have to be "paired" to my set. I have tried the procedure to no avail. Maybe someone can give me some guidance before I take a baseball bat to this 65" junk from Sony.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony XBR65X850D

Whenever you install a new main board in a Sony it's best to install the latest version of the software as soon as you put it in. If your connected to the internet you can do it online. If your not download the latest version to a usb thumb drive, extract the file. Turn the tv on, insert the usb and the installation should begin. It will reboot and tell you when to remove the usb safely. Don't turn off the tv or touch any buttons while its installing.

Comment

Originally posted by brucetv View Post
      Whenever you install a new main board in a Sony it's best to install the latest version of the software as soon as you put it in. If your connected to the internet you can do it online. If your not download the latest version to a usb thumb drive, extract the file. Turn the tv on, insert the usb and the installation should begin. It will reboot and tell you when to remove the usb safely. Don't turn off the tv or touch any buttons while its installing.

Hi Bruce,
      I tried that to no avail, will be the last Sony I bother with!

Comment

When you say "reputable company" which one did you get the new main board from. With Android it has opened a whole world of problems with fresh board set ups. With the original board your getting backlights but it's getting stuck in boot up. But I have never seen the Android logo like your locked into. It usually shows the Sony splash screen then 3 or 4 balls start spinning and then the Tv boots up. With the replacement boards did you lock up in the same round spinner then Android man? Or did the new boards just give you a black screen at turn on. Also are you seeing any red or green lights flashing instead of the white light at plug in?

Comment

Working...
        X