DELTA DPS-386AP-1, missing voltages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELTA DPS-386AP-1, missing voltages...

Hi to all... This is my first post (apart the presentation )
    I've found this forum searching for info for some chips on a power supply that i'm trying to repair, and seem a good place to learnn something (and maybe reapir my èsu )
    I have this SMPS psu of an hp deskjet plotter that is active PFC, and have 2 different trasformers to do different voltages, one do low tensions (+3.3, +5) and the other do the 'high' tensions (12,24,36). The high tension side isn't working.
    First of all, on the electronic side i've not found anythying wrong/burned (only no tension on the secondary, neither on startup), but i think that the primary of the transformer is gone, as on one pin i can't find continuity with any other pin.
    This is the first time that i try to reapir a 'recent' power supply (while in past i've successfully repaired different 'standard' smps). Apart active pfc circuit that i've marginally understood, i've not still fully understood the primary of the 'high voltage' tansformer. It has 2 primary coils (with 3 pins), and 2 mosfets driving it. One pin of the primary (pin marked 6 on the pcb) is connected to gnd and has no continuity to any other pin (strange), another pin on the primary side (pin 7) is connected to the drain of a mosfet q14 (and the source of the mosfet goes to gnd throught a resistor), the last pin (pin 3) goes to the source of the second mosfet q13 (and the drain goes to ~+300v, here in italy we have 220 main).
    Why there are 2 mosfets driving it?
    It's possible that only the transformer is damaged, as i've not found any other problem (mosfet, diodes, etc)? This would be the first time that i find an smps trasformer damaged...

Really thanks for the help!

Re: DELTA DPS-386AP-1, missing voltages...

Forgive me, the unconnected pin was only the shield of the transformer that goes to gnd...

Comment

Hello there
      Did you ever solve this mystery? I have the same problem where the high voltage side will drop out under load.. it prevents the hard drive and pumps from fully starting up.

I did find that an improperly inserted nozzle cart will cause it to not turn on at all.. but after fixing that it still only works sometimes.

Comment

Hello,

I have the same fault with this power supply, low voltage or none on the high side, did you find the cause of this?

I have also checked components in and out of the board, but no luck.

I would be very interested to know.

Many thanks

BNAUK

Comment

I have the same problem. Does anyone know the reason? Has anyone found the scheme of the board?

Comment

Post a photo of this power supply
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
            10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
            6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
            1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
            25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
            6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply
            1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
            2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
            All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Here you are.
              Attached Files

Comment

I fixed mine by replacing the main switching transistor.

Comment

I have the same problem. Does anyone know the reason? Has anyone found the scheme of the board? or any solution
                  thanks

Comment

I've been searching for a schematic for a couple of years with no luck. I sure wish I had one good lead where to find one.

Comment

Working...
                    X