This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

On the X-main test at bottom end of C4022.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

c4022 is a small cap...but here is what i get
      Attached Files

Comment

My error. C4032.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

LOL...got it but I get noting and i hear the humming from the x main

Comment

Odd. You have good Vs, Va but no outputs from either board. Is control board LED blinking?

Comment

i only get good Vs/va when I disconnect CN 5000 from the Y-main...when I connect CN 5000 I get multiple clicks from the relay, humming sound to the x-main, and no Vs/Va from PSU

Comment

Y-main is dead then.

Comment

control board LED is blinking

Comment

Ok I'll replace the Y board...I checked the Y-buffer per your video and it checked out fine..no shorts

Comment

One thing to check is if you get good voltages with X-main unplugged from Y-main.

Comment

what I don't understand is the initial problem with the set was spackling on the screen..I removed the Y-main to check for shorts and found none.when I re installed it, thats when I started getting the problem with the multiple clicking from the relay. So if the LED on the control board is blinking, does that mean the control board is fine?

Comment

Blinking light indicates control board is running.

When you removed the Y-main it's possible you damaged it from ESD...

Comment

with X-main unplugged from the Y-main...I get zero volts Va... 15 volts on the D15v pin an zero volts Vs

Comment

here are the readings in order of the pics...
                              Attached Files

Comment

The Y-main is most likely bad then.

Comment

Ok Tom I'll replace the Y-Main...but will that repair the sparkling problem on the screen?

Comment

You can adjust Yrr/Yfr on this set to eliminate that later. I have done it before on the PS42B450. (Same TV, different main board & badge on front.)

Comment

Okay...thank you for all your help, I'll order a new or used/tested Y-main from ebay unless you recommend somewhere else?? I'll get back to you with my progress

Comment

eBay is fine, usually.

Comment

okay thanks..have a good day..and I hope the photos I sent were of good quality for others to see

Comment

Working...
                                          X