Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung SmartTV 3D Strange Patterns, HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SmartTV 3D Strange Patterns, HELP!!

Hi, Im new in this forum. Sorry for my english, its not the best and Ill hope eveyone will understand me.

I got this Samsung 46'' 1080P 3D Smart tv not working properly Model : UN46D6500VF The tv was made in 2011 so not that old.

I opened up and I cant see nothing wrong in it, capacitors seems fine, fuse on the t-con seems ok.

When you start the tv the image as less pattern then when its heat up. I dont want to change all the boards if its a Panel problem.

When I touch or bent the panel, theres no difference in the lines, also the lines are not always at the same place.

Everything seems to work properly except for the lines.

Help ME

Last edited by rikrikrik13; 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM.

Re: Samsung SmartTV 3D Strange Patterns, HELP!!

I'm going to say bad LCD panel - possibly tab bonds.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I just tried to move all the tabs and there's no change on the screen

Comment

We had one user with this problem recently and he eventually got it to work -- one particular tab very sensitive. Other things it could be are bad T-con with VGH, VGL voltage bad. If you post a picture of the T-con we can indicate where to test for those voltages.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Here's a picture of the T-con board

Comment

Is there any way you could get closer and get a higher resolution, it's hard to see the lettering near the components and that is what I am looking for. If necessary break the photo into four or more parts.

Comment

I splitted it in 2, if you need in 4 tell me :p thanks

Comment

I found a clearer pic on ShopJimmy, I needed to see the VONE and VOFFE (VON/VOFF.)

So, put your meter on DC 200V or DC V, black probe on chassis, red probe on each test point.

VONE should be around 18 to 25V.
                VOFFE should be around -5 to -15V.
                Attached Files

Comment

Voffe = -12v
                  vone = 32v

Comment

Von seems much too high. Can you see a point marked AVDD? What does that measure?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, avdd = 17.2V

Comment

Can you verify your multimeter battery is good. Perhaps swap it. Low battery can cause high readings. AVDD of 17.2V is quite high, it's typically no higher than 15V.

Comment

I took another multimeter and i got the same readings

Comment

OK. It does look like there is a problem with the T-con, with the very high VON and AVDD. I'm not 100% (80% in my opinion), but it's probably worth a punt, if the board isn't too expensive. There's the chance it's a tab bond issue, or a panel issue, which is fairly common with Samsung LCDs.

Comment

thanks for your help, I will try to find the t-con and Ill let you know!!

Comment

T-Con Board is pretty expensive, almost 100$ with shipping to canada. I think Ill not take the chance and scrap it :p

Comment

Nice TV though, stick it on Craiglist/whatever-listing-site for $50 and it'll be gone in a couple of hours, someone will be prepared to repair it.
                                  Please do not throw it in the trash, so many electronics are destroyed with easy to repair faults.

Comment

That is easily a $300 dollar tv used , lots of us would love to repair that if we lived in your city so we could resell it for profit, list it on craigslist / or keep your eyes out on ebay, a tcon might get listed for 50 tomorrow.

Did you check both ebay and shopjimmy to see if there are any cheaper tcons (has to be the identical part number)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-BN95...#ht_526wt_1083 this one is $88. I often offer sellers 20% lower and tell them ill just send the money via paypal (no ebay ending fee) , that is against the terms of ebay, so you cant word it exactly like that. Every seller ive ever asked is like "sure ill relist it now" ... So i would recomend offering them $65 for it if youd be willing to invest that.
                                    Last edited by cashkennedy; 05-16-2013, 06:37 PM.
                                    Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                      I found a clearer pic on ShopJimmy, I needed to see the VONE and VOFFE (VON/VOFF.)

So, put your meter on DC 200V or DC V, black probe on chassis, red probe on each test point.

VONE should be around 18 to 25V.
                                      VOFFE should be around -5 to -15V.
                                      hi, rather than start a new post i think it is better to ask my question here

i got a un46d6500vf tv

my vone is 4v, voff no reading

and i eard clicking sound on the tcon

im pretty sure it is not normal but i just want to be sure before i by another tcon for nothing...
                                      thanks eric from quebec

Comment

well do you have a picture? What's the screen look like? I'm going to say that that's not normal and I had a 32 inch version of that TV comes through one day with the t-con board clicking. Turned out to be a bad t-con. Tried disconnecting the ribbons going from the t-con to the panel. do you still hear the ticking sound coming out of the tcon?

if so replace t-con board
                                        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Working...
                                        X