Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung SmartTV 3D Strange Patterns, HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung SmartTV 3D Strange Patterns, HELP!!

im trying to post pictures right now, the screen is ok ,not broken
    when i turn the tv on they is a blue line that flash at bottom of screen but nothing more happen than it stop doing that.
    i have disconnected the tcon from the main board and the clicking sound are not happening.
    Attached Files

Comment

I've had a single pixel line on an LCD TV before... the LCD panel was bad. Try disconnectingone of the two white ribbon cables on this board:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1418210648

Try with only one cable in at a time.

If half the picture comes back, this would confirm the bad panel fault.

Model number of the TV? Typically beginning with UE.... or UN.....
      Last edited by tom66; 12-10-2014, 05:44 AM.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

model is un46d6500vf

i tought the panel was the main board... ok the pannel is the board that connect with the flat ribbon.i dont know how to unplug those 2 flat wire?

Comment

ok i found it,
          when i unplug only the flat ribbon on the right side the the blue line is half and still click. but when i unplug only the left flat ribbon i got half an image and no clicking sound

if it is the pannel is there someting to do?
          Last edited by a3otry; 12-10-2014, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately the LCD panel (the "panel") in your TV has failed and this will not be economical to repair. One half of the panel has a short in the gate driver which is bonded to the panel. Hence why it works when one ribbon is removed.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

too bad, but im glad that we manadge to find it so easily. thank for the help
              edit i guess that other parts are still good for later use if i found on tv like that but broken?
              Last edited by a3otry; 12-10-2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by a3otry View Post
                too bad, but im glad that we manadge to find it so easily. thank for the help
                edit i guess that other parts are still good for later use if i found on tv like that but broken?
                Assuming it was all working before the fault, yes.

Personally, having seen how many Samsung LED-backlit LCD TVs are failing due to bad panel or failed LED inside panel, I would never purchase or own one myself.

Comment

what is your best tv\maker?

Comment

Originally posted by a3otry View Post
                    what is your best tv\maker?
                    Panasonic plasma, LG plasma, Samsung plasma in that order.
                    If you have to get an LCD: Panasonic, Sharp, LG in that order.

Plasma TV panels and electronics seem more reliable than LCDs, from what I have seen. If they do go wrong, they can usually be fixed.

Comment

ok thanks for the info

Comment

Sorry for reviving an ancient thread - I thought it'd be prudent to post here since my issue is almost exactly the same. I saw the lines in the OP and took the TV apart to fix, and foolishly tried to mess around with the ribbon cables a lot, trying to figure out which half f the screen may be fixable, even though it got progressively worse. At first there was a large white vertical strip of stuck pixels about 1/4th of the screen wide, and now there's no picture at all. TV backlight still comes on, and audio still works, so I'm hoping that the main board and power supply are fine.

I took the following measurements:

VONE: 0.2V
                        VOFF: 0.1V
                        AVDD: 0V
                        VIN_12V: 12.7V

I'm hoping that I didn't accidentally bend the LVDS too much and break that, but given that the 12V is coming through, is it just a bad tcon board? Or could this be indicative of panel failure?

Comment

Is your model number the same as the original poster?

Comment

THE SAME OLD PROBLEM on this forum! People come here an hijack another's one thread posting different models and/or issue letting other users to read first posts for nothing... annoying...!

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              Is your model number the same as the original poster?

Yes it is, Samsung UN46D6500VF.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                THE SAME OLD PROBLEM on this forum! People come here an hijack another's one thread posting different models and/or issue letting other users to read first posts for nothing... annoying...!
                                My apologies for not specifying the model number more clearly in my post. I have the exact same TV as the OP, and the issue is very similar so I thought it'd be best to include all of the previous discussion as context.

Comment

Try test in post #22. (do disconnects and reconnects with power UNPLUGGED then plug in power and try) to avoid any accidental circuit damage.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                    Try test in post #22. (do disconnects and reconnects with power UNPLUGGED then plug in power and try) to avoid any accidental circuit damage.
                                    Looks like one half of the TV comes on messed up (see attachment), but not the other half when I switch to the other cable. I believe this is what I got with the right side connected.

I was messing around a lot with the left ribbon cable before, trying to adjust the angle here and there to fix it originally, so I wonder if I may have broken the cable. At any rate, would it be worthwhile to try a new T-con board in this case?
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by viewfindr; 05-01-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I took another set of measurements with the left cable disconnected, with half the screen lit like the photo above:

VONE: 32.0V
                                      VOFFE: -12.2V
                                      AVDD: 17.1V

Comment

No viewfindr, your issue is totally different from the OP, i was interested in the OP defect, i guess yours is surely a panel problem where the OP i think not.. if you dismantle the screen probably you'll find corrosion on the border boards..
                                        Last edited by Davi.p; 05-02-2020, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                          No viewfindr, your issue is totally different from the OP, i was interested in the OP defect, i guess yours is surely a panel problem where the OP i think not.. if you dismantle the screen probably you'll find corrosion on the border boards..
                                          I'm curious, what makes the two issues different? Is it because I'm only able to get one half of an image? My screen started out looking just like the OPs with a full image, but I lost it when messing around with the cables. Could I have broken the the panel through this process?

Comment

Working...
                                          X