Panasonic TC-50PU54 8 blinks picture flashes then dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-50PU54 8 blinks picture flashes then dead

I am still thinking A board. Do you have any more thoughts?

Comment

I'm thinking A board, but I'm only about 80% sure.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

thanks for all the help Tom. I ordered the A board for $18.99 on ebay. Hopefully that is what I need. I am at the limit of my knowledge, so it is worth the risk. I will notify this post when I get the board if it works or not.

Comment

$19 is damn cheap for an A board!
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hard to believe but probably this guy, has some real bargains at times. Must depend on the old supply and demand.

Must have a few to clear and they'd be new sets transit damage too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...item27d633e3fb

Comment

Got the A board in today and still the same problem. the screen lights up and then goes into shut down with 8 blinks. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what I could look for at this point?

Comment

I don't really know, can you try with your old SS board in case new one is bad? Very hard to tell without a scope to be sure.

Comment

Yeah, I tried the new A board with the original SS board. Same thing. Going off the service manual you posted earlier, I have a bad panel. I trouble shot the SD/SU board by following what was in that manual and it seems fine. This all was a result of a power surge. I guess it could have knocked the panel out. I was just hoping for something easier. I will just part out the rest of the boards.

Comment

How long does the panel light up for? Is it a normal display or is it simply a quick flash and shutdown?

Comment

I really doubt a power surge can kill a panel. Bad electrode structure, due to dirt or debris, or broken ffc maybe, but not a power surge.

Comment

The pic flashes on for less than a second and then goes into 8 flash mode. I didn't think a surge could cause a panel to go bad either, but I'm out of answers. I am still open to suggestions though.

Comment

You don't have a scope?

Comment

No, I don't have a scope.

Comment

According to the manual, the C3 board could also cause an 8 blink. It doesn't really say how to troubleshoot that board though.

Comment

Check the +3.3V and Vda on it. Vda should be around 55V.

Comment

slide for what it's worth
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I have 3.3 v on all three C boards when the Tv comes on and then they all go to 0v when it goes into shutdown and starts the 8 flashes. Where is the Vda?

Comment

Do you see the little green SMD resistors? Vda can be tested on either end of those.

Comment

Thanks, I have 58 VDC when the tv starts up and it drops to 39 VDC when it goes into shutdown. That is on the C3 board

Comment

Seems like there is no short there.
                                          8 blink panel failure is only caused by:
                                          - Shorted 3.3V/Vda on C board
                                          - Open SS FFC

Neither of which you have determined to be bad.

I really doubt it is the panel but I don't know what else to suggest, it is very hard to check these things without having a scope.

Comment

Working...
                                          X