Samsung PN50A510 P3FXZA Plasma Cycling On/Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN50A510 P3FXZA Plasma Cycling On/Off

It's been a week and the TV still turns on normally.
    Big thanks to kevinm34232
    Steve

Comment

I also just replaced c102 on sunday. Tv has worked perfect since. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

I just came across this and am having the same issues with the main board on a PN50a550s1f. The numbers on the capacitor for c102 are different than the one I have. Is there a way to look them up. I've tried google and digikey with no results. My part number is NEL AS1.

Comment

Sorry wrong number. the part is NEL AS7

Comment

Where on the board is this C is located?
            I'm wondering, if this would work on other main boards, newer ones I'm thinking, like the C series.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
              I'm wondering, if this would work on other main boards, newer ones I'm thinking, like the C series.
              It won't - they don't use tantalums around the CPU core. Different model entirely, step change in design.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I just found this thread and have the on/off cycle issue with a customer's PN50A550 (I am an AV installer). Seems that after reviewing many of the forums that have been addressing this issue it is the C102 tantalum capacitor that is the issue. Which board is the C102 tantalum capacitor that is referred to on (power, main, logic) and in which area of the board?
                TY!

Comment

Wondering if this is my culprit???? I replaced the power supply last year (it was definitely out) and TV worked for a bit then back to blank screen and relay clicking. This time though I have proper voltages and test colors with the Main plugged in and jumpers in place, but relay keeps cycling on-off. (I have an old post I just revisited and told my tale of woe on).

I'm ready to give it a try as soon as I source the little bugger.

Question though....I have plenty of old school circuit board experience (larger bits from the vacuum tube days) and have acquired decent soldering tools recently, but never replaced a very small component like this. I take it the connections are only on the lower portion of the board. Any tips on the R&R??
                  Wonder what this thingy on the circuit board does??

Comment

Wanted to add my PN58A550S1FXZA to the list of units that the main board (ends with A instead of E) C102 replacement - SEEMS - to have fixed this issue. I used the digikey part# listed earlier in the thread. I will update next week to inform whether it continues normal operation.

Comment

Hey....it works!!! new C102 from the link ($1.42 plus postage). She's up and going again!
                      Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Add me to the list with a bad C102 on the main board. TV has now run about 20 hours, and on-off multiple times.
                        Thanks to the people on this forum for helping me sort a problem yet again!

Comment

Originally posted by tweecer View Post
                          Wanted to add my PN58A550S1FXZA to the list of units that the main board (ends with A instead of E) C102 replacement - SEEMS - to have fixed this issue. I used the digikey part# listed earlier in the thread. I will update next week to inform whether it continues normal operation.

4 days and working 100% without issue! Hell Yeah. Save for the overnight shipping, it cost me just under $3. I bought two of the caps, just in case it rears its head again in the future.

It took quite a bit of wading throught Power Supply fixes to find this one. Once I removed the PS board and found zero visible defects, I honed in on OTHER fixes and found this one. My sincerest thanks to all who provided information on this repair.

Comment

I had the same problem with my Samsung PN50A510 P3FXZA , after contacting Samsung and they stated "out of warranty" , I found this forum. I would like to thank you that have contributed, especially Kevinm34232 for posting a picture of the C102 cap on the main board as well as the link for the cap, as you can see from the attached document my C102 cap was not labeled.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rwcroson View Post
                              I had the same problem with my Samsung PN50A510 P3FXZA , after contacting Samsung and they stated "out of warranty" , I found this forum. I would like to thank you that have contributed, especially Kevinm34232 for posting a picture of the C102 cap on the main board as well as the link for the cap, as you can see from the attached document my C102 cap was not labeled.
                              I forgot to mention that the C102 on my main board was not labled either. I meant to take a pic and post it with the same information as you, but was so pumped to get it assembled back together and on the wall, but forgot. PN58A550S1FXZA

Comment

Originally posted by tweecer View Post
                                I forgot to mention that the C102 on my main board was not labled either. I meant to take a pic and post it with the same information as you, but was so pumped to get it assembled back together and on the wall, but forgot. PN58A550S1FXZA
                                The C102 was not labeled on my board either....fortunately, I divined the location from the photos posted. PN50A550S1F

The TV has now been working fine for many hours. Thanks again for the tip.

Comment

can't believe I found this forum literally hours before I was going to give up on my 2008 50 inch. That link to the C102 part doesn't quite look like a normal capacitor is that really the part or does the link send you to another part now? Just wondering because my brother used to work on tv sand if I can. Buy this part I'm sure he can replace it for me as I have the same symptoms.

Comment

nevermind i see in the initialpicture that that is actually whatthe c102 capacitor looks like anyways i will be ordering this today for sure

Comment

I can't seems of ind thus part on my board I have the BN94-1880B board if that helps at all, could it be located In a Different spot?

Comment

ok I think I figured it out Hawaii must be on the bottom of the board I'll have to take a look when I'm home

Comment

If you still are not sure, post #53 just above, has a PDF with two images showing the location on a labeled and unlabled board, positions being exactly the same.

Originally posted by celiot29 View Post
                                          ok I think I figured it out Hawaii must be on the bottom of the board I'll have to take a look when I'm home

Comment

Working...
                                          X