• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-46D62U Static Dots and Lines on Screen

Doing one more oven reflow.

Comment

No bueno!

Think maybe the t-con is the culprit? The rest patterns are clean but there is no indication on what they mean if they pass.

Comment

Guess there is always a chance.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I baked this sucker hot, t-cons are cheap I might try one and see. But WHY sharp do have to make so many damn heat shields! T-con is buried!

Comment

I agree. Now they make crap flimsy and cheap. Back then their panels were built like Sherman tanks!

Comment

I wonder if the mainboard metal cover is needed, seems to be more of a heat trap then anything.

Freak, got any extra mainboards? Lol, so I see shop jimmy has a ton of mainboards listed for this unit, do I have to match the exact one I have? Mine is triangle 2 WE01, so a revision 1,3 or 4 wouldn't work?

Comment

I have a mainboard with that ic pulled. I had another with a cracked screen but it was a 42 inch version. Had that same issue but works after my fix.
                I used the 42 inch board I the 46 w no problems.

Comment

And no. Ditch the metal covers. I did

Actually I have a mainboard from a lc-46d82u. Not sure 9f the interchange for that. But you could get away with a board from a 42 or 52 also.
                  Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-26-2014, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Yeah, not sure what damage if any I did Reflowing this board. 130+ on a 2006 TV mainboard for a TV that I got for 4.99 that will probably not end up selling for much.

I want to save it as cheap as possible

The 82u has an extra HDMI port and the t-cons look totally different.
                    Last edited by Shinju; 11-26-2014, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I found a sharp lc-40c37u 3 seconds to black, looking at the mainboard via shopjimmy they look pretty identical minus the giant heatsink.

Think the board will work in the 46"?

Comment

Hi2u!

Turkey coma!

Comment

My guess is no, the 46" is 1080p and the 40" is 720p.

Ugh, I dunno... Maybe I will spray it with windex and hope for the best!

Comment

do you still have the same picture as you did before after reflowing the mainboard? I'm pretty sure the mainboards fine those suckers getting mighty hot in operation anyway.
                            hopefully you get it figured out I've done two of those d62u models and one D82 model. all three required reflowing that IC on the main board but I guess it could always be something else as well even though the symptom was identical yours is doing.

Comment

Yeah, same symptom. I was hoping this other sharp I got would be a parts pig for the 46"

Comment

New old stock t-con installed, issue still there.

Definatly 100% mainboard!

Comment

when I did my main board I didn't use the oven reflow I used my hot air station and I just heated that s*** outta that chip. took two or three tries but I got it right

Comment

I need to get a new heat gun, I will try it again and report back.

I got another sharp TV doing some strange stuff, need to figure that sucker out too!

Comment

The item I was working with was an LC-46D82U. Same problem, fine blue dots across the screen in random patterns. I have just now completed a re-flow process on IC 3502. I used my heart gun and no clean solder paste to heat the IC. I am presently bench testing the item before return to my customer.
                                      Thanks for the informative post.

Comment

Thank you for the post and solution. I did try my LC46D82U. I used the heat gun. Now it almost fixes the issue. Sometimes it comes back for no reason...

Comment

[QUOTE=jotvguy;596823]The item I was working with was an LC-46D82U. Same problem, fine blue dots across the screen in random patterns. I have just now completed a re-flow process on IC 3502. I used my heart gun and no clean solder paste to heat the IC. I am presently bench testing the item before return to my customer.

How did it turn out on the reflow? Did screen look like this as the issue you were working on?
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X