Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I replace this component?

Hi all.

I have 2 Nvidia GTX 275, one is from Asus, and the other is from XFX. And the one from XFX got damaged. Started to give no image, but the computer powers on. And to help with my situation, I managed to rip on smd off.this one is and inductor labeled R68. Can someone please help me to find another inductor to replace that one even if it is another with different value?

Apart that, I really need to repair this card.

I also noticed some tantalum 330uf capacitors looking bulged, but I measured them with my DMM and they seem ok.

Thanks to all,

F. Ameixoeiro
    Attached Files

Re: Can I replace this component?

How about this one ? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...869430533.html

Comment

Thank you for replying, but I was trying to get a (yesterday) quick solution..

Comment

For those capacitors, you really should pull them if you can and measure them with an ESR meter. I have a DMM that can measure capacitance and some caps I've checked over the years that where reading okay with the DMM where bad with the ESR meter....some had okay capacitance but really high ESR. Some read okay while in-circuit but bad when I pulled them.
        -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Originally posted by ameixoeiro View Post
          I also noticed some tantalum 330uf capacitors looking bulged, but I measured them with my DMM and they seem ok.
          Photos? Tantalums don't normally bulge... usually go up in flames instead.
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

I don't know much about inductors but would this one be compatible? http://www.onlinecomponents.com/bour...f=Shopping.com

Comment

^
              It may work, but it's rated for much less current than the one diif suggested (15.5A vs 6.3A). I'm not sure what the original one was rated at, but it looks more like the 15.5A part.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

you could get one off a scrap board

Comment

You could ask for faster shipping on eBay\Aliexpress, I'm sure they'd be happy to send it faster if you're prepared to pay... a lot.
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

R68 means 0.68 uH or 680 nH.

You can try buying an inductor from TME.eu or Farnell ( link but don't select based on the pictures, they don't match with products) instead of going for chinese stores.

The capacitor to the left of the inductor is not tantalum, it's polymer capacitor in smd form. You can buy them from the same two sites I mentioned above but they're probably more expensive compared to radial (leaded) capacitors in small quantities.

If you don't care about the looks, you can replace that one with regular low esr polymer capacitor with leads, just bend the leads and keep them as short as possible.

Comment

hi guys, thanks for all your answers.

I've managed to replace the inductor, but my problem still my problem continues.. Unfortunately this card is going straight to my scrap bin..

Comment

Try a reflow first, it might be the actual problem, the inductor may have been damaged after the card died.

Comment

Originally posted by ameixoeiro View Post
                          hi guys, thanks for all your answers.

I've managed to replace the inductor, but my problem still my problem continues.. Unfortunately this card is going straight to my scrap bin..
                          If you're going to throw it, if I pay for shipping, can I have it? If not, that's okay. Thanks.

Comment

hello!

i'm sorry for the late reply, bus I was away from here for a while.

I've decided to keep this vga and already replaced the capacitors.

I'm going to test it tomorrow to see if it's alive. If not, going to try a reflow.

Comment

Working...
                            X