Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low profile micro-atx case with good cooling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low profile micro-atx case with good cooling?

I need to deploy a small server. It only needs a micro-ATX board, 3.5" hard disk, and power supply. It shouldn't sound like a jet taking off, but it doesn't need to be quiet by HTPC standards. Must run unattended for months at a time, so decent cooling is required. There is some advantage to using a standard ATX power supply, but I'm willing to overlook that for a really good solution. And I'm hoping not to spend an arm and a leg on the case.

What is a good case for this purpose? Should I be thinking about a used rack-mount server case, or a simple HTPC case? Or what?

If I were to buy one of the used Intel SR1475 cases on ebay, how do you cool the CPU on an AM3 board in a 1U space?
    Last edited by Uniballer; 12-07-2014, 06:24 AM.

Re: Low profile micro-atx case with good cooling?

I'm a big fan of Silverstone cases. I built one recently with an SSD and an i3 and it was silent. I used an SG02 in Aluminium. Looked very sexy and the only way you knew it was on was the LED on the front it was that quiet.

Comment

Re: Low profile micro-atx case with good cooling?

I found an Antec NSK2480 on ebay. A little bigger than I was thinking, but it has great cooling and seems to be working well.

Comment

Working...
      X