Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Antivirus?

Originally posted by reaper57 View Post
    I have to disagree. Avast and MSE both have live protection. Not to mention the passive protection (imunization) of spybot S&D. Having a pc dedicated only to net browsing and a pc for everything else is a bit extreme, if you ask me. I have avast and I rearly get a notification that there is a virus in the webpage I am opening or the file I am downloading. As long as you don't click on "Your flash player is out of date, click here to update!", un-check the "I would love to install this Bonus/recomended sofware" that's attached to a lot of programs and stay away from the most common "Registry repair" and "PC optimizer" programs you should be ok.
    P.S. To the OP: It's best if you just format the drive install a clean version of win 7 on it. Some av leave lots of files and registry keys behind. I have found that symantec end point protection is the worst! Not only does it leave files, but it also keeps running! And when you finaly stop it it leaves tons of files and registy kesy behind.
    Test it all out. More than a few ways to skin a cat and nothing is perfect. Sometimes people cross platform so do all those work on linux,mac,bsd and unix?. How many apps have you added to your phone? Ever bank on it? I don't find that a clean pc is extreme at all just an extra measure. Almost any pc will work although coders aren't writing much new stuff for old hardware.
    Last edited by junktv; 01-09-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Re: Antivirus?

Originally posted by ivtec View Post

I still find it just as effective as mcafee or norton. The reason it gets down rated is because it is virus only while the rest of the market seems to think that more is better. I have always maintained that there is a difference between virus and spyware and that NO!! product does both. You need to have malwarebytes for spyware and a basic program for virus. My experience is that MSE fits the bill and does not load down the systems.

Comment

Working...
      X