Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Looks great! Nice job!
    Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-03-2015, 10:22 PM.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Alright guys. So I got my new tcon board in from encompass and installed it. I had all the cables top and bottom hooked up on the board. I had the driver cable on bottom right corner unhooked. And powered on my tv. I've still got no picture. So I very quickly turned off and unplugged the TV. I reconnected the driver cable on the bottom right and unhooked the driver cable on the bottom left. Plugged up TV and powered on. And still no picture. Quickly unplugged TV. Tcon is still good. Any ideas anybody?? I'm at a loss.

Comment

Have you tested your tcon voltages to verify they are still good?

Comment

No I haven't. Remind me again where to check the voltages and what they should be.

Comment

Check the three or four black coils on the right side of the board you should be receiving four different voltages. These are the little small stand up coils

1.0 2.2 3.3 and 15v thereabouts. Be super careful not to slip your lead off of anything as there's not a lot of room to work with

Comment

Of course do this without the flat ribbon cables connected to the panel. Only the two LVDS cables connected to the tcon

Comment

I think my meter may be messed up or something. I'm getting all sorts of crazy things going on. Not getting any definitive readings.

Comment

You are trying to measure these voltages with your meter set to DCV right? Go through this post again and look at how to measure that Coxa transistor to see if it is shorted. I guess there's always a possibility that you happen to connect the bad side to the tcon first and took out the transistor. That OEM Transistor is very subpar and is easily shorted unlike the replacement that I found that can take more of a surge before you blow it up
                  Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-04-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Ok. I've either got another bad board from encompass or like you said my left side drivers are where the problem is at. The thing is. I tried checking resistance on the coxa resistor before I ever put the board on the tv and I still didn't get the 500 reading on the one pin and the infinite reading on the other pin. I was getting a reading of 2.6 or so on one and like 6 something on the other pin. And I did check the voltage correctly before I hooked up the bottom cables to the board. But didn't get correct voltage readings which made me think my meter was bad. I checked it with a new meter making sure I had it on dc volts and only got a reading off one of the black coils things on the right side of the board. And it was like 6.4 volts. Are they sending me bad boards or you think I am doing it by just trying the right side drivers first and not the left?

Comment

Well honestly I don't know. If you were getting a reading off one pin of that transistor before you started connecting anything with a reading of 2.2 ohms on one pin then I can only expect the board was shorted to begin with. But I can't discredit encompass parts for sending a bad board that doesn't sound like them, however there could be something wrong with the way you're testing the board and also there could be something wrong with the same driver cable you keep connecting first I would try the other side, I would also try replacing that transistor with an equivalent instead of keep buying boards.

Its not your fault either way this is a very tricky procedure.

Comment

Hey freak, when will your video be posted to youtube?

Comment

Today is the big day. My friend is coming over at 2pm and were going to fix this beast.....well that's the master plan anyway.

Comment

Wish u luck. I'll post the video when I'm done cleaning it up in editing the time frames. Probably going to be on youtube

Comment

Hey freak, I read your entire post and everything you mentioned about how you fixed your tv and helped others do the same! But as I was going to start working in mine following your instructions, I came across a guy selling the same tv as mine with a cracked screen for $20. Of course I bought it today, brought it home and basically moved everything from that one tv to mine and the tv has picture!!!! Minus 3 vertical bar lines that able up in the left of the tv if you're facing towards it.

I'm really bad at this, but I'm a stubborn diy person and I really want to finish and fix this tv. What do you think it's wrong with it that I can do?

Just to mention what I did, I removed the bottom metal bar holding the long board in the middle and I noticed whe. I pushed on the 1st fat cable hook up the red and green bara kind of flickered. I cleaned that with alcohol and blew on the port and that didn't help.

Here's some pictures of how the tv looks and the fat cable I'm talking about.

Thank you very much for your help!!!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Brinn; 11-08-2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Hey freak, I read your entire post and everything you mentioned about how you fixed your tv and helped others do the same! But as I was going to start working in mine following your instructions, I came across a guy selling the same tv as mine with a cracked screen for $20. Of course I bought it today, brought it home and basically moved everything from that one tv to mine and the tv has picture!!!! Minus 3 vertical bar lines that able up in the left of the tv if you're facing towards it.

I'm really bad at this, but I'm a stubborn diy person and I really want to finish and fix this tv. What do you think it's wrong with it that I can do?

Just to mention what I did, I removed the bottom metal bar holding the long board in the middle and I noticed whe. I pushed on the 1st fat cable hook up the red and green bara kind of flickered. I cleaned that with alcohol and blew on the port and that didn't help.

Here's some pictures of how the tv looks and the fat cable I'm talking about.

Thank you very much for your help!!!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Brinn; 11-08-2015, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I'm doing this from my phone as I wasn't able to put the images on my computer. But those
                                  Are the 3 pics I have. I can get more if needed.

Thanks again
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Are those pictures with your original boards installed or the new ones? IF they are the new ones... :-( BUT what was the issue with the old ones? Recheck your cable connections at the tcon board especially for that side.

Comment

It looks like you have a bad connection from the tcon board to the panel. You might want to check those flat white ribbons again and try to clean them off with alcohol. There's a possibility that this could be a panel failure also and that's what took out the original tcon board which is the reason why you did not have a picture and eventually this fault will take out that tcon board as well. And if that's the case this is known as vertical tab failure

Comment

Yes, the pics are with all
                                        3 boards from the cracked tv. I actually bought a new T-Con board from FTVparts and it didn't change anything, which got me thinking the main or power board were bad and fries the new t-con. That's when I decided to buy that tv for $20.

I will clean the cable on the side of the tv that's affected and see if that changes anything. Would you suggest cleaning only the cable going from the tcon to the lcd or all on that side?

If it was a vertical tab failure. What does that mean?

Thank you again guys!!

Comment

If it is a vertical tab... its toast as those can't be removed or repaired... :-(
                                          The side ones are duplicated in some form of "redundant operational design" that allows the set to still function with only one side but the bottom one are all needed.

Not sure if you answered the question about what was the symptoms with old boards as you say you had other boards with "no change" resulting in your "quest" for additional boards... so was there initially no picture, same picture as the new boards (ie. no improvement), what?
                                          Last edited by budwich; 11-08-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X