Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Originally posted by budwich View Post
    NNNNOOOO I am saying, its a sure thing that it will take out the board. You can read up on how to fix them as freakaftr8 has posted on this thread and others have replaced the components (FETs) that blow.
    Ahh darn it. I'll go back and re-read the whole thread again. Hopefully along the way I can see if anyone had this issue and what they did to fix the tv blowing up their T-Con boards.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinn View Post
      I have very good news! at least I hope they are. The new T-con got overnight to me and I installed it on my tv and didn't plug the right ribbon cable. I have perfect picture on the left side and the right has a white screen with no vertical or horizontal lines.

Now comes the real question. Should I plug that right ribbon and see if it works? or what precautions can I take before I do it? I don't want to burn another t-Con board. to be honest I'm somewhat scared.

Thanks!
      OK... I looked back at your posts (through the tangle of other peoples). The picture you posted here shows a dramatic improvement over the one you posted earlier which has vertical lines on the side that now has a good picture.

Further, you are saying this is a 60 in set and NOT a 70in set... which means quite a lot, I think. You need to post a good picture of the back of the set focusing on both sides and the bottom (ie. two pictures, one for the right side and one for the left side). You seemed to indicate that there are NO edge boards on one side... IF SO, then most of the discussion on this thread does not apply to you.

Comment

OK... I looked back at your posts (through the tangle of other peoples). The picture you posted here shows a dramatic improvement over the one you posted earlier which has vertical lines on the side that now has a good picture.

Further, you are saying this is a 60 in set and NOT a 70in set... which means quite a lot, I think. You need to post a good picture of the back of the set focusing on both sides and the bottom (ie. two pictures, one for the right side and one for the left side). You seemed to indicate that there are NO edge boards on one side... IF SO, then most of the discussion on this thread does not apply to you.
        Yes you are right. there is not any side boards on this tv. Only the bottom board and that is it. Here's a picture of how the set looks from the back.
        I got really confused and thought the fix would be the same.

Comment

no, I don't think you are right... you haven't removed enough hardware. The side boards and drivers have to be there as there is no other way to get signals to the horizontal "lines".

Comment

The only sure way to tell if its a side driver board causing the problem is to disconnect that from the equation by disconnecting the small flat white ribbon cable from the side of that driver board then you can plug in both tcon ribbons. Remember the more I'm learning about this problem the more I'm seeing different symptoms and yes one of the symptoms is when you connect the good side and you have a half picture you're not going to see any horizontal line but the driver is dead shorted
            Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hold on a second he's right I don't see any side driver boards. What model number is your TV again Brinn? I'm a little lost your picture you posted showed clearly that it had sideboards or was it the other TV that you got with a cracked screen?
              Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-11-2015, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I removed that metal bar casing on the side and there was nothing but the lcd and I know i saw some brown connectors, but they seemed to not be connected to a board.. unless I remove something else which I would have no idea of what or how.. and to make maters worst, one of the little screws got messed up. So I have to wait until tomorrow to get a some point end pliers and try to remove it. I can take some pictures of that tomorrow if I'm able to successfully remove that screw.

The Model number is e601i-A3.

Comment

Hard to tell from those pictures maybe. Brinn, if you follow the bottom edge boards to the corners of the set... are there any flat cables connected to them?

Comment

Hard to tell from those pictures maybe. Brinn, if you follow the bottom edge boards to the corners of the set... are there any flat cables connected to them?
                    There is none. Basically there's only 4 boards total in the bottom (which look exactly like what Freak removed) the only difference of course is that the ribbons are a lot bigger.

I will see if I can remove that screw tomorrow after work and I will have some pictures of the side for you guys.

Thank you very much for all your time and help.

Comment

??? oh oh... 60 is pretty different then... hopefully you can get that screw back.
                      Not sure how the signals are distributed to the sides of the panel.
                      Be very careful with those bottom boards.... and those are NOT the boards that Freakaftr8 showed removed... even though they look similar. On the 70, there are those boards similarly around both sides of the set.

Comment

??? oh oh... 60 is pretty different then... hopefully you can get that screw back.
                        Not sure how the signals are distributed to the sides of the panel.
                        Be very careful with those bottom boards.... and those are NOT the boards that Freakaftr8 showed removed... even though they look similar. On the 70, there are those boards similarly around both sides of the set.
                        Yea, I didn't remove anything from the bottom. I hope so too that I can work with that screw. But for now I will rest some as this tv has me going insane hehe..

thank you again.

Comment

Oh ok you have the 60 inch variant of this TV. Completely different beast. The 60 inch do not use sideboards. I have a couple upstairs with broken screens. Both manufactured by sharp

Shoot I feel bad I led you on a wild goose chase for another tcon board. I reread all the posts from you and you never mentioned it was a 60 inch version or I would have known right away.

Okay so the 60 inch Sharp panel incorporates horizontal driving technology into the vertical gate drivers in which the 70 inch panel doesn't not it requires the use of horizontal drivers separate from the vertical drivers. The only thing you could do is pull the metal shield off the bottom of the screen exposing those two boards or maybe there's more I'm not sure maybe there's four boards on the bottom and take a look at every single one of those ICS embedded into the ribbons and see if one looks burnt. Your TV may not be able to be saved
                          Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-11-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

me too feel bad... :-( brinn... do you still have the broken screen tv around. IF you do take a look at that one to see what the sides look like and what the "driver ribbons" look like in terms of "heating" or otherwise (they should be ok since it was a broken screen). Anyways, hopefully you can "carefully" put back the side on the tv.
                            Perhaps the "gamble" with switching the "unplugged / plugged" cables around might be a gamble hoping that perhaps it was a bad tcon board all along but doubt it.
                            As Freakaftr8 indicates, inspect the lower board and cables especially the "half" associated with the "blank" side of your last screen picture. Check to ensure that the lower edge boards are well "seated" in the holders as on the sharp sets there was warning about the mountings not be correct allowing the boards to touch places that weren't good (ie. metal)... of course, the bad news then is that this "event" likely takes out the board which isn't repairable. :-(
                            Last edited by budwich; 11-12-2015, 07:07 AM.

Comment

If this TV has the little side "tabs" on both sides, it can probably be saved.
                              If not, it uses Gate-in-Panel technology. This cannot be repaired by the method suggested (probably can't be repaired at all, unfortunately.)
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Just wanted to report i now have a fully functional TV!

Thanks for the posts leading the way guys!

I will say its daunting when your getting ready to pull the tab drivers off the side...

Comment

Sweet welcome to the club! Glad to hear it

I'm trying to post my video of a successful repair from start to finish but youtubes being a bitch. ..
                                  Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-12-2015, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Yea, after further inspection the tv cannot be repaired. I have a full functional right side and a bad left side with vertical lines and a 1/4 white screen.
                                    I appreciate the time you all have spent answering my questions!! I have learned some stuff I would have never anywhere else have learned. Thank you freak, bud and tom!!!
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey the freak, tom and bud…the set I fixed still has perfect picture. I happen to find another one on craigslist near where my sister lives in AZ- they went and bought it and I sent them 2 boards that I put new transistors which had other issues- one had grey verticle lines across the whole screen and the other had a good picture but a wide verticle shadow on the left side near the middle. After guiding them through the repair- we found their right side lcd drivers were the problem and when they reomved them they got a picture but for some reason they supposedly have a wide verticle shadow on the right side near the middle (foot wide). They just bought a "grean" version t-con from Encompss, replaced one of the ones I sent them but the verticle shadow didn't go away. Any idea where the pronlem may be on this one?
                                      Thanks again guys-

Comment

Are the shadows visibly seen on a darker scene like a dark grey or brown? Do they go away on a brighter scene like a white background? Can you send a picture of the fault?

Comment

This is me signed in!

Comment

Working...
                                          X