Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Originally posted by Mayhem56 View Post
    Do you have the vendor information that you ordered from in TX, want to use the same vendor as you.
    Just replied to your pm- drop me an address and I'll send you a couple - I guess I didn't mention it is Mouser where I got them… but we need to thank freakaftr8- he's the one that came up with what the altrnative transistor is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem56 View Post
      Do you have the vendor information that you ordered from in TX, want to use the same vendor as you.
      Got your pm - sending you some in the AM… I guess I didn't mention it is Mouser where I got them… but we need to thank freakaftr8- he's the one that came up with this alternative transistor

Comment

Thanks a ton tjmethod, and a big thanks to freakaftr8!!! Looking forward to working on this TV.

Comment

Glad to help! Don't forget Tom66 and Budwich! He was onto this fix as soon as I was and Budwich was the first test candidate after my success. This "operation" applies to any large screen tv with a failed Sharp made lcd panel I presume that fails in the same manner as long as it has drivers on both sides.
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
            Glad to help! Don't forget Tom66 and Budwich! He was onto this fix as soon as I was and Budwich was the first test candidate after my success. This "operation" applies to any large screen tv with a failed Sharp made lcd panel I presume that fails in the same manner as long as it has drivers on both sides.
            Ya totally those guys are super plugged in- between the 3 of ya- I know a hell of alot more before I started to fix this monster

Comment

I think this might even "fix" some Samsung sets with various similar issues. Worth a shot...
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Add the sony 70 inch to the list. Just got one in from a customer tonight. Same issue. I'll be removing the right hand tab drivers tomorrow.

This one shutdown with 5 flashes. See the beautiful white line after ddisconnecting the lower ribbon on the right tab driver board.

Of course I'll let the customer know this is not for say a fix but buying time.

Note pictures are taken upside down.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-29-2015, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Is this a Sharp panel as well ?

Comment

Yep. S ame model as the Vizio

Comment

Hey freakaftr8 I have been following this thread with you guys tring to fix my Visio e70 as well. So far I have replaced the mosfet chip as described and do have a picture but the V in the center of the screen is somewhat distorted while everything is plugged in. When unplugging the right drivers (3/4 inch wide white ribbon right side front facing) I get about a 2 inch tall stripe of vertical lines from the center of the screen to the right? Any suggestions. Oh I,m sorry I forgot to say Thanks to everybody involved in this thread it has been very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rstewart View Post
                        Hey freakaftr8 I have been following this thread with you guys tring to fix my Visio e70 as well. So far I have replaced the mosfet chip as described and do have a picture but the V in the center of the screen is somewhat distorted while everything is plugged in. When unplugging the right drivers (3/4 inch wide white ribbon right side front facing) I get about a 2 inch tall stripe of vertical lines from the center of the screen to the right? Any suggestions. Oh I,m sorry I forgot to say Thanks to everybody involved in this thread it has been very helpful.
                        Can you post a pic of what you are seeing?

Comment

Yes I will try it might take a little bit sorry.

Comment

I'd like to add that I went down to my local Walmart yesterday to do some shopping with the family and there on the wall is thier biggest 70 inch TV still displayed is this exact same model and long and behold two nice bright white horizontal bars across the screen as the TV still working I know it's going to fail any day now. Dang Sharp. I used to have high hopes for thier panels but sadly we are starting to see a trend with failing side drivers. Crossing my fingers with my 80 inch on the wall.

Comment

Okay freakaftr8, I cleaned the white ribbon cables at the t-con board and get a better picture. now with the right hand white ribbon unplugged I get a solid 2 inch white line across the screen from the center. Bare with me on the picks I will have to have my 15 year old daughter help with the download of pics after 4. Again sorry.

Comment

Okay that's any better I have seen vertical lines associated with bad connections with the white ribbon cables in the past well actually there more like vertical bars in different varing colors

, so what happens when you leave everything connected to the panel but pull the right side white ribbon from the t-con board? you should see a picture on the left or you have no picture at all? Now do the same with the other side and leave the right side connected do you have a picture on that side?

Comment

OK freakaft8 can you give me a tutorial on posting pics? Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rstewart View Post
                                    OK freakaft8 can you give me a tutorial on posting pics? Sorry.
                                    When you go to post a message you see the bottom button that says "go advanced"? Click on that click on "Manage attachments" then click on "chose file" find the file on a computer and then "upload" it once the file shows that it's uploaded click "close window" and then post
                                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-02-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Okay freakaftr8 here is a pic of the screen with the ribbon cable unplugged. Im sorry that pic is with everything plugged in.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Rstewart; 11-02-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

ok. The side that is dark.. remove those tabs from the panel.

That bright line going across the screen is a dead giveaway if there were nothing wrong on that side of the panel that line should get dark with the rest of the panel but its not which meaning its a breach in a connection
                                        Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-02-2015, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Okay so what is my next move?

Comment

Working...
                                          X