XP locks up once started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP locks up once started

XP is being gay on my old computer. It will start up, and go to the desktop. As soon as I click a program to open it, or just a folder, it freezes. Everything freezes, won't even open task manager. Tried system restore, freezes during that, but everything works in safe mode. Im on it now, but in safe mode.

Re: XP locks up once started

Did you change, update or install something in last week? If so, try uninstalling it.
    Next move is disabling most programs loaded at boot and check for malware too: post the log generated by Hijackthis and try to clean it ith Spybot S&D.

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

I got it fixed, finally got it to do a system restore. I think it didn't like the AMD power watch thing.

Also ran a full maleware scan with malwarebytes fully updates as soon as I got it running (nothing), already have malwarebytes startup lite too, only have my sound card software and nvidia thing enable on startup.

Comment

Luckily you restored a previous restore point: loaded programs are not only the one with a tray bar icon, drivers and services are loaded too on normal boot and not loaded on safe mode.
        The culprit is AMD Power Monitor? Try RMClock instead: it's a more complete monitor and can change settings on some cpus (vcore and energy saving C-States on most, multiplier on mobile and recent desktop cpus). Since a too low voltage or a bad setting can freeze the machine, I suggest do not loading RMClock at boot unless you double checked all settings under load with Prime95.

Zandrax
        Have an happy life.

Comment

Working...
        X